DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always a big fan of the G-Wagen and when this 2nd generation of W463 came out, immediately snatched the Minichamps launch dealer edition in Emerald Green. But I ended up selling that one to fund the G63 version also by Minichamps.

This is where I kinda of scratching my head when it comes to Minichamps. They are able to produce EXCELLENT full opening such as this G63 but still produces the sealed diecast units for honestly not much cheaper :unsure:

If you are in the fence of getting the G-Class by Minichamps, I highly recommend it! Just G63 really a premium full opening model where the build quality is top notch. I particularly like the magnetic catch for the doors. I purposely went with this grey color as I love this shade when applied to the G-Class. I also love the wheel choice here. The one thing I’m not too crazy about is the green “Watermelon Grain” wood paneling inside. A traditional darker color stain or CF will look better.

Here are some photos I took earlier, both outdoor and indoor. Hope you enjoy these! 🙂

PART 1: INDOOR SHOTS

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,633 Posts
Congrats Stefanus!! I really like this G63 version. I too had the green DE release, but it seemed a but duller...now, that you're sharing you AMG, I'm starting to think that I need to add one of those as well? It's looking good with those two-toned wheels.
Wow, you were exaggerating when you said "watermelon" trim inside! 😳 What the what is that? My only gripe with what I see is an all black interior. As for miniatures, I personally would prefer a lighter color to show more details, but in reality, I don't mind black as it wears well.
Nice shots as always. Cheers!👏🥂

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats Stefanus!! I really like this G63 version. I too had the green DE release, but it seemed a but duller...now, that you're sharing you AMG, I'm starting to think that I need to add one of those as well? It's looking good with those two-toned wheels.
Wow, you were exaggerating when you said "watermelon" trim inside! 😳 What the what is that? My only gripe with what I see is an all black interior. As for miniatures, I personally would prefer a lighter color to show more details, but in reality, I don't mind black as it wears well.
Nice shots as always. Cheers!👏🥂

Thank you Dave!! 😃

If you decided to add the G63, you will be pleased!

A 2-toned with lighter colored interior will be nice! I actually love the interior of the green DE release! But the AMG exterior just won me over on the 1:18.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts