DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(all photos clickable for 800x530, ~120kb)

Since I first saw boedan430's photos and review on this car in Oct. 1, 2004 I knew I had to find this car for my collection one day. Nearly one year later, I have been lucky enough to find this car AND the #35 CLK LM ('98 Le Mans) at the same time AND for a great price. :happy This is the first time I've lucked out with a diecast deal in such a big way.

As far as I can figure out, the car with this livery raced at Laguna Seca on Oct. 25, 1998. There a great review by mbc112 where you can read more about this car. In addition, mbc112 compares Autoart's car with Maisto's.

This Autoart gem is fairly similar in quality as their #35 CLK LM. You can read my thoughts about it on this thread.

G

·
Another set of awesome pics Felix. :coolpics
Now are you going to complete the AUTOart CLK LM and GTR collection with the Original-Teile CLK GTRs? :giggle

G

·
wanna now something funny Felix??

as of yesterday this very same car is standing on the Spark website as new release :giggle

i guess i will be getting that one :wink

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Felix - great pics too!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Congrats on finding your Holy Grails Felix. Both are really cool cars.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats on finally adding this one, Felix! :cheers

Its a beauty and your pictures are stunning, as usual :nicejob

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Chris. I've got one OT car but its decals are getting quite torn up. :cry I think I might just have to try to find a "replacement" car because they are really sweet.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
You know, I bought Spark's #36 car a while back. But I am quite disappointed with the lack of accuracy on it. I hope the #2 isn't plagued with the same problem. Specifically, the flags beside the drivers' names are ALL incorrect. Plus, it seems a little out of proportion. The roofline looks to be a little low.

Here's the car.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone: Thanks for all your kind words about me finding the model and the photos. :cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
One nice thing about the AUTOart CLKs is that the strip around the windshield is made too look like carbon fibre (atleast on the Original Teile cars.) Thats one reason why I would prefer the AUTOart over the Maisto version.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your kind words Gunther. I sort of developed a passion for diecast photography and enjoy it almost as much as collecting the cars themselves. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Trust me....it has been a long learning process for me, much through trial and error. What kind of camera do you have? Maybe I can offer you some help (hopefully)? The camera's capability is a big factor in how good your photos can be. Mine is a Canon S30 3.2Mpix. It does have a "macro" setting that allows close-up photos (~10cm from object)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Canon powershot S50...put on M(anual).... 1/125 F 5.0 ISO 400

and two halogen spots....I think this is OK...but it's the lighting (lightning ?)...
Thanks... :cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.