DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff recommended I get an AUTOart, and although I got a fairly good price on this, I probably should have taken his advice. Not that this is a bad model, and it has a few nice features, it's just that the AUTOart is better in so many areas.

Sitting on the shelf, the Kyo looks good...they really captured the car's beautiful lines well. Also, it's got a prop rod for the hood, which is a nice feature, a complete spare tire/wire wheel in the trunk, and it's hood hinges are quite a bit less intrusive than AUTOart's. The interior is good (soft touch seats, tonneau cover, and not so good (dashboard should be better in a model in this price range, dogleg hinges). It should also be noted that although they're small, all lights have attachment stubs, and the exhaust pipe is non-excavated (reminded me of an Ertl, only smaller).

The AUTOart, on the other hand, has photoetched badges, an engine that, although it's level of detail is similar to the Kyosho, has a less plastic look to it, a better interior, etc.

In fairness to the Kyosho, although I couldn't find a release date, I have a feeling it's an older model. Also, the AUTOart is from their Millenium line, which would account for some of the better quality. Still, when all is said and done, all I can say is listen to Jeff and get the Autoart.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
It still beats my UH one. I foolishly went for the one with the rubber bumper on the front :confused

I've always been a fan of Kyosho's work and for what it's worth I think it's a beautiful model :cheers

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
John, there is one advantage that seems to be present with the Kyosho, that being the wire wheels. I have seen with the AUTOart version of this car that they have the highly chromed wires, which do not look as realistic.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Interestingly, this is not the case with the MGC version:

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
It sure looks good in red.
The Kyo does look a bit dated but considering its age and the price, I think you did ok.
The biggest thing I have against it is the tires, it looks like the driver got 4 flats out in some small farm town and all they could find that would fit down at Clydes Gas and oil were off a tractor :wink

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yeah, or some guy who leaves the snow tires on year round (we've got more than a few of those around here lol).

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great catch, John! The detail looks superb on it.

Many congrats my friend!

Sean

·
Registered
919 Posts
John, your red model looks great! Congrats on the score.

I do believe the Kyosho is an older release as about three years ago I was able to pick up a cream colored one which was slightly distressed. Overall, I really like the model and am quite satisfied with the detailing. Having said this, I have not seen in person an AUTOart version, so it is certainly possible the AUTOart model would win me over instantly.

G

·
Thanks for sharing the pics.

I used to own one of these a loooong time ago and it was a real POS :giggle

It was purchased used and I think I had it for a total of 6 months, which I only drove it for about a two as it was either broken down or I just didn't feel like driving in fear of it breaking down :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.