DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger on the following 1/16 scale model because it was a fantastic deal. The retail price is $159.95; I paid substantially less than this. This model was advertized as being near museum quality and large-almost 24 inches in length!!!!!!
It will be my first ever large scale dragster and only my second dragster model. I am anxious to take delivery of it.

However, I have never heard of Milestone Development Group. From what little I can gather, they produce some very nice diecasts but I have never seen any of their products firsthand.

Can someone here vouch for what level they are on in terms of quality, detail, authenticity, value etc.? What other brand(s) are they comparable to?

Also, how well received are the 1/16 scale models?
Do they fit alright with the 1/18s or is there a drastic proportional difference?

THANKS!

Milestone Development Group

1/16

Scott Kalitta Jesse James Coors 2005 Top Fuel Dragster

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
When I saw your post I was gonna go after one but it was sold out...AAAARRRGGHHH!!!! That's a beautiful model and an absolutely incredible price...congratulations!

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Awesome looking model, Bob :10

I know a certain Roadrunner who will be drooling on his computer when he sees this one :giggle

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:giggle I seen GoMotorBids had sold out, but lucky for me it was not a Funnycar.

CarCrazy, Milestone does an awesome job on these, & the engine detail is superb.

I only collect the funnycars & the body's are made of fibreglass, so I not to sure what is used on the dragsters.

They sure are bigger than 1/18's as you will find, also a little fragile due to the chassis being moulded from plastic, but still has all the detail.

There is not a lot of interest in these 1/16's as the subject matter & the size due to most people collect 1/18's.

Here are a few photos of my funnycars, also on display with my 1:18's

:cheers

G

·
I have both a funny car and dragster from Milestone and take it from me,you will not be disappointed.The detail is fantastic.It looks like they took a 1:1 and shrunk it down to 1/16 scale.The butterflies actually work with the throttle linkage,the slicks are soft and look like they have done a burnout and the bodies are fiberglass just like the real thing.
They make an awesome display but they are a bit larger than 1:18 models.Congrats on your find.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Fantastic car! Great catch! If it was only in 1/18... THat's the only thing keeping it from being added to my Must Have list. It's a winner, even in scale!!!

Sean

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Some sad news!

ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. (AP) - Scott Kalitta died Saturday when his Funny Car crashed and burst into flames during qualifying for the Lucas Oil NHRA SuperNationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park.

State police confirmed that the 46-year-old Kalitta, a two-time Top Fuel champion who had 18 career victories, was killed in the accident.

Witnesses told The Star-Ledger of Newark that Kalitta's Toyota Solara was traveling at an estimated speed of 300 mph when the crash occurred.

The Palmetto, Fla., resident started his career at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in 1982. His father, Connie Kalitta, was a longtime driver and team owner known as "The Bounty Hunter," and his cousin, Doug Kalitta, also drives competitively.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.