DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

Check out what I got for my birthday present from my good friend of mine!! :tease Best birthday present ever!! :happy
I took some pictures of my new Minichamps Carrera GT with my black maisto one for comparison purpose. these models I think are the best attempt from both manufacturers, Minichamps one is simply awesome, paint finish, leather seats, removable roof,engine detail, etc. Maisto one is suprasingly very nice as well considering it is about 4 times cheaper.

Check out these photos, let me know what you think :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice comparison :nicejob

The Maisto isn't bad for the price, but in terms of model detail the Minichamps beats it in just about every way.

The Minichamps has the best leather seats i've ever seen on a model.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice comparo! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

One question, is the "Carrera GT" label on the Minichamps a decal? :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
HI jwp79

You are right about the leather seats on the Minichamps, it's no comparison with maisto one. because Minichamps one uses leather the texture is a bit out scale, maisto one is imitating leather look as well (not a bad job)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the extra pics

I'm affraid I still prefer the Minichamps version. The leather seats set off a well made interior.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats! Both nice models! :cheers

The Maisto is surprisingly well made, I'm gonna to have to look for one cheap, it'll be a nice complement beside the Minichamps or AUTOart i'm getting :giggle

Gian, Minichamps uses a clear plastic sheet to protect the photoetch parts, like on the 300SL's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comparo.

Is it me, but the Minichamps doesn't blow the Maisto away :confused

I think I would have to go with the Maisto version.

Afterall, this is a comparo between a $9.99 model and model of a premium price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly why I refused to buy the silver DE Carrera GT .

I bought both DE Maisto versions and find them to be fantastic value (regular editions even more so) .

Minichamps is very nice , but in my opinion , its not worth 4x (red) or 6x (silver) the price of the Maisto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are certain area's of detail on the Maisto that i feel excel on the M/C.
in particular the rear end and badging details.
i would agrreee with both Darrick and Gary's comments....sorry that's my :mine
FWIW :cheers

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Gian, Minichamps puts a clear plastic protector piece over photoetch script of some of their higher end models. The plastic strips come off easily... if you remember to remove them! I forgot to do this on my MB 300 SL and a few weeks later I saw it and thought 'WTF'? :giggle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.