DiecastXchange Forum banner

Minichamps 992 Turbo S - Tyre issues

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Wordlife 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 1/18 minichamps 992 Turbo s, black dealer edition.

I noticed none of the tyres where sat level, all riding on one edge.

It wasn’t a camber issue as I measured each side of the tyre on the wheel and one side is about 1mm bigger diameter.

Sadly on removing the tyre to check the issue the wheel spokes all broke clean off, It didn’t take much pressure to break either so be careful anyone trying something similar.

Now the tyres are least of my problems 🙃
Tire Wheel Tread Automotive tire Automotive design
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Synthetic rubber

See less See more
#4 ·
That sucks! I don't know how handy you are with model car repairs, but it looks to me the spokes could be glued back in place no problem, if you find where each spoke belongs on the rim and you go easy with the glue.

I'm thinking the tire might have been fitted the wrong way originally, try inserting it on the rim the other way around.

#5 ·
Not good at all!! Sorry to see this!
As cwbs said, it can be fixed, you'll just have to be a bit steady with the glue. It might need re painting afterwards though.

If the tyre doesn't fit properly on to the rim when you turn it round, you might need to cut away at the inside of it. A do round with a dremel will sort it. A complete pain, as the model should be ok right out of the box!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.