DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minichamps Audi RS6 Avant - Completed 10Oct2016

This is my latest completed project; the Minichamps Audi RS6 Avant. I must admit that while the model is perfectly nice in its construction, when compared to older Minichamps work(say the Audi RS4 Avant from a few years back), the RS6 Avant is a huge step backwards. The engine bay is fairly detailed but the model just has a somewhat "cheap" feeling to it. What is the largest disappointment of course is the fact that the rear doors are sealed.
At any rate, she started off as the matte grey version with black trim….and while it looked ok, I have always been partial to the fact that Audi S and RS models have aluminum trim bits to distinguish them from everyday type Audi vehicles. With that, all the "blacked out" trim was covered in mat aluminum Bare Metal Foil. I also lowered the car slightly and added flocking to the interior.
Lastly, I went with metallic black because I recently added the Otto RS6Avant in that color to my collection.
Enjoy the pics!

Untouched model with original ride height

Redone model with lowered ride height

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
From trashy to classy! Love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.