DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

can anyone tell why does minichamps badge their no dealer promos with badgeing. Example i have a ML dealer promo, with no badging, while the non factory promo has ML500 on the back? WHy does minichamps do this?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi minichamps collector,

I'm not quite sure what you're referring too in regards to badging. Do you mean that dealer editions do not have the Minichamps logo or a part number?

If that is the case then I may be able to help you.

All Minichamps standard releases will feature Minichamps branding and a part number.

Items produced under licence (ie for Kyosho or Biante) will generally bot have Minichamps branding on the box, nor will they have part numbers, however they usually come on Minichamps plinths that have the logo stamped onto their undersides.

Dealer editions, particularly those in presentation boxes, may not feature any Minichamps branding at all. I've seen this with Bentley dealer editions and with Porsche items.

I would imagine that the appearance of Minichamps branding is dependent on the licencing arrangements between the car maker and Minichamps.

Hope this helps :cheers

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually thank u. But the question is... The Dealer Editions dont have ML500 on the back, will production models (standard releases) Have ML500 on the back! Thats what i dont get, why give a non dealer edition ML500 on the back and not the deal editions. I always thought the dealer editions were the nicer ones.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh! Sorry, I understand what you mean now.

This probably has to do with the packaging that Mercedes is using for the DE models. Minichamps standard releases typically have the model name on the side or back of the box, so I would expect the standard releases to have ML500 written on them.

I have Porsche GT3RS DE's that have no badging on them at all. Even the plinth is just a sheet of fake carbon fibre. My Bentley DE's are also missing the normal Minichamps labeling.

With the dealer edition models, it all really depends on how the car maker wants to present the models. In the case of my Bentley's they don't even have a Minichamps part number - they have a Bentely one instead. Standard Minichamps releases will have the information you're talking about though.

:cheers

Mark

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Now you have me wondering :giggle

Do you mean the Minichamps logos, or the actual ML500 logo on the back of the model?

If you mean teh actual ML500 logo, it's not just Minichamps that does this. Kyosho did it with a few of their BMW dealer releases and they still do it for some reason.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean the actually ML500. I bought the dealer promo back when it came out. And now (i really like to not buy more then one of the same car.) I noticed all the regular Minichamps ML (2006+) have the model badge on the back. I just dont understand it, i always figured the dealer model were much more excusive tho thus they would have the model ML350, ML500, ML550, on the backs.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I think I got this right - you're asking about the badge on the model itself - the little 'chrome' model designation.

I wonder - only a guess - if the dealer editions don't have anything because they can then be sold to anyone who buys the car (the real 1:1 I mean). So if someone buys an ML350, they don't have to have a model with ML500 on the back of it. There is just a 1:18 ML series for any ML series buyer.

This is a total guess, and I am doubting myself, seeing as it is normally possible to distinguish between different engined models anyway (wheels, body kit, exhausts etc etc)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup u got it now... LOL. Ya idk they look exactly alike! The non dealer, and the dealer promo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its funny its only seems to be with the Minichamps Mercedes, no other brand does this... I just found it alittle annoying cause i figured i was getting the better one when i got the dealer promo! LOL. I guess not, i will just have to look harder next time, or maybe wait.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Kyosho does it too :cheers

Most of their models including the new 3 series coupe, don't have any model designation on them at all. It's uppose to be the 330i, but it doesn't say that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think that's to represent the 'Badge Deletion' option many BMW and Mercedes buyers choose. So in essence it makes the car appear to be more exclusive (if underneath it's just a 318i which looks the same as a 330i) or to be discrete if say you bought an E500 and don't want to show off.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I've checked some of my DE and non-DE, and all the DE are missing the labeling on the back of the car....in my opinion this makes the car more exclusive...it was the first thing I did when I bought my 1:1...I don't like the people to see if you have a standard version or a powerfull engine....and I do not have the intention to attract the attention of people who are in a wrong way interested in my car.... :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.