DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1:18 BMW M1 "street" by MINICHAMPS (or not)

This car as been on my wish list for quite a while now. The only place I've seen the street versions is on Ebay! I've seen it in red, white, burgundy, black, green, blue...name it, it's been on Ebay!!! :confused

Now, I've never seen a street version on Minichamps website. Every collector I know has never seen it elsewhere neither. Every diecast retailler store I know told me that Minichamps has never released a street version yet, but one place told me that they are suppose to come out with one soon??? Does anyone got info on that!

Is this car really exist or does all the ones we can find on Ebay are Custom home made????

G

·
Minichamps have never released a Street version of the M1 .

I have seen some pics of a red street version on another forum , but I believe it was just a de-decaled and repainted race car , complete with rear spoiler .

Im pretty sure the street M1 doesnt have a rear spoiler fitted :cheers

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have seen a white one on ebay. The person selling it is known on ebay as "grandauer".
I have purchased a few cars from him and he shipped from Germany. Excellent products and i am sure i saw a white BMW M1 with special rims. Try to contact him. His name is Kurt.
Hope this helps!

DC4ME

G

·
There are a few of 1/43s released, both as BMW release and standard Minichamps release.

Colours include: Red, white, orange, black , grey, blue.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Cuda Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you. I have been wanting one of these for years, and NOONE makes one yet. I did see the customs you are referring to. They do look well done, but it isn't the REAL street version. THese reming you of the Minichamps BMW M3 GTR street versions. They aren't the real street car, but a racecar without a livery. I do hope an M1 becomes available soon. I want one to go with the rest of my BMW M-Cars. :cheers

G

·
Strange no one did it. Particulary seeing the success of this car as a 1:1 and how well the 1:18 racers sold.

I hope Minichamps or AUTOart or even better Kyosho decides to make it in 1:18.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have been looking for a street version without any racing livery as well. I considered buying one and modding it, but I still don't quire feel comfortable modding a $60+ model :giggle

Not applying pad prints and decals must make the cost of "street" models cheaper than those with racing livery. I don't understand why diecast manufactures don't release them as they cost them nothing.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe the reason why diecast manufacturers don't release them, is that maybe Minichamps has the licence for the 1:18 M1. I hope that, if they release a street version, it will have the rear spoiler. It gives the car a very nice look. :tongue

Would look nice aside to the M3,M5 & M6......
The only three missing to complete the line would be the M2, M4 & M7. :happy

G

·
Jeff,

Isn't it the M4 is actually the new M3. From what I have heard, BMW is spreading out their numbering system. From 1, 2(still missing), 3, 4(coupe and convertible versions of the 3), 5, 6 and 7 series. :feedback

1 - 20 of 25 Posts