DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
First of all, a very big THANK YOU! to Gary (ARV6) who sent this along to me as a birthday present :nicejob

I was very anxious to see this model in "the flesh" after seeing so many pictures on various forums.
The color was a bit of a surprise, kind of a light purple/silver :confused :giggle

I really like where M/C is going with this. I see it as sort of a modern day UT. The paint is applied very well and is extremely smooth and blemish free with only the slightest color mismatch between panels that only shows up under bright lights.

Again, the detail level reminds me very much of UT. There is definate concessions to the price point including hard seats and no carpeting and a bit less detail paint than you would wish for, but what is done, is done very well.
All that is supposed to open, does :nicejob The model never feels or looks "cheap" and fits on the shelf very well with model costing twice as much.

There are many cars that I would like to see done at this detail level and at this price (around $40 list) In these days of $85 sealed AUTOart's this is the pricepoint I am looking at more and more. Like I said, I got the same feeling when opening this as I used to with the old UT's.

G

·
Congrats Jeff

I haven't bought one of these myself because of the interior detail. I have no problems whatsoever with the exterior, but the lack of carpet and the 'hard seats' means it won't be joining my collection :cry

Sorry to be so critical Jeff, but I was very disappointed when I heard that this was going to be a budget model and not a regular Minichamps.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Jim :cheers
I can really see your point about the budget status but for me, this combination works.
I probably wouldn't have wanted this if it was a fully detailed (and fully priced) car as I like but do not love the subject matter.
I do think we will be seeing more and more of this type of car, it seemed to work well in years past and with the ever increasing prices, its time may have come again. :cheers

G

·
congrats on your 'birthday pressie' Jeff.
well done Gary :nicejob
i think you may well be right Jeff.....the way prices are rising sealed or semi-sealed models could appear and appeal more and more to some in my humble opinion :cheers

·
Oak244
106 Posts
Since they have the mold already, I would love to see them come out with a detailed version. Shoot why not??? Easily hit everyones wants per price! lol I am the same way.... I only like very detailed cars in my collection, however I love Aston's so may have to get this anyway.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation on your new buy!!! It's a good choice...I went with the convertible version and I'm very happy with it!!! For a "budget" model, it worth buying it.

LUW asked for engine and inside picture...well since it's the same car, it probably is the same engine and interior so I'll save MaxPower some time....(Max will tell us if it's different)

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
and...

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I missed this thread first time around - congratulations, Jeff, that's a nice model of a very handsome car! Way to go, Gary - that's a great birthday present!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Congrats on the new addition Jeff. I also plan to add this to my collection, alongside my DB5 and DB7 Vantage. It's good to know that the exterior still looks good for the money. Detail does matter to me and I always try to buy the best example of any car, but once the models are displayed the most important thing to me is that they sit well and dont look cheap or toylike externally.

Whilst on the topic of DB's, are these the only 3 DB series Aston's to be produced in 1:18? At some point I may also add the V8 Vantage but at the moment I have to limit my wish list/collection.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Dave
You won't have any problem having this one on the shelf, its a great looking diecast, especially on the outside.

All I know of are the AUTOart, Ertl, Sunstar, Chrono DB5.
The Maisto DB7
And the M/C DB9
I am looking forward to the V8 Vantage myself :joy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts