DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutely thrilled with this little car.
Minichamps 917 2nd place car(and its Gulf livery)'71 Le Mans.

It really is a gem of a car.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John Wyer Automotive Engineering Ltd, GB
Porsche 917 K
Richard Attwood, GB
Herbert Müller, CH
DNS Brian Redman, GB
engine was 4907cc flat 12

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That looks fantastic, St(art)eve!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Wonderful looking model Stevie! I wish AUTOart would pull their finger out and release the 1:18th version of the same car they have already shown at various toy shows now for some time! :waiting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:lol :lol ...........i know what you are after!
no Luc, it's the fact that i can have sooooo many cars especially Le Mans that will nor be made in 1:18.
having said that i'm sure i will be buying more 1:43 than 1:18 in the future.........but hey who knows :giggle

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've got that one myself Stevie - a well detailed model. Have you got, or are you going to get, the winning Martini #22 to go with it?

If you're going to get the winning #23 from 1970 - check out the Auto Art version in 1:43 as well - I think it shades the Minichamps!

:cheers

Steve

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Congrats Steve. A 1:43 must be good when it doesn't look like a 1:43! The overall finish on that model looks superb.

As for the AUTOart, will it still be based on the same 917 mold as their other 917Ks? If so, that's a very outdated mold to be releasing a new model from. The interior and engine would surely need some extra work doing at the least?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.