DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently obtained, finally got around to take some pics of it. BURN has posted pics of this a few months back when he got it so I'll limit the pics to a few more interesting ones.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Very cool effect! :nicejob

I just got this car on Monday, myself and think it is a real stunner :happy

Congrats to you on yours! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent pics Chappy! :nicejob

How da heck do you achive that?

I am very happy with mine, what do you think of it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The model is certainly very nice for the price. Comparable to a very good AUTOart in detail, for less money than an AUTOart. But as with most minichamps (except for the M3 GTR, that thing is a beast of a diecast) I find it is not as solidly put together as AUTOart or Kyosho. Well, out of the 6 Minichamps I have anyway.

The best thing about this model is I cannot find a single decal on it. The liberal use of decal is the thing I don't like most about Minichamps but this one is 100% tampo. The seats are kind of nice too, though the cockpit is a bit spartan. It should sit nice and snug next to any Exoto GT40 from the same year, of which I am still waiting for mine to arrive after 6 weeks since paying for it. :pullhair

As with the pics, all you have to do is take 2 pics with the car and camera in the same position. Best to use a tripod. 1 pic with removable item closed and another with it opened. Then in photoshop, paste one pic over the other. The simplest way of achieving the transparent effect is to set the blending mode of the top pic to overlay. A better way is to mask the door or the hood first. Do ask I haven't explained it clearly enough. :mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see what you mean, I might try it.

The real pain is to keep the model static while opening the parts I guess huh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are some terrific shots !!! :happy :happy I tried this with my "normal" camera (taking two shots on the same photo) and with my 1:1 car. Unfortunately, even with a tripod it moved a bit and it was all blurry !

But your shots are really awesome !!

Nice car too !! Congrats !! :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Very nice model and awesome pics, Chappy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts