DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question on this car - is Minichamps the only one currently making this model?

:eek:ops I lied :lol

Can anyone tell me anything about the car and its driver David Coulthard? I am semi familiar with Coulthard as I have heard the name. But I would like to know more about the car/driver history and accomplishments.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Darrick, Red Bull Racing is only in their second season of competition currently. They bought the assets of the Jaguar team after the 2004 season, when Ford announced that they were pulling out of F1 (and hance Jaguar were doing so).

The RB1 was (as you might guess) the first car to compete under the Red Bull name, in the 2005 season. It was surprisingly successful, picking up a good number of points finishes - much more than Jaguar had ever managed. The team picked up 34 points altogether (24 scored by Coulthard), and finished 7th in the Constructors Championship.

David Coulthard is now a veteran of F1, and though he has been competitive at teams like Mclaren and Williams, I don't recall him ever really threatening for a championship (I could be wrong). He came closest with Mclaren in 2001, finishing runner up. He has won 13 races, been on the podium 61 times, and after a long career stands 4th in the list of all time points scorers.

Finally, Coulthard's accomplishments at Red Bull thus far are limited. This season he scored a podium (3rd place) at Monaco - Red Bull's first - but that was not in RB1. His best result in the RB1 (2005 season) were a couple of 4th places. Still quite remarkable for a new team not expected to achieve much in their first year.

I'm almost certain that only Minichamps makes the Red Bull cars :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback gents :cheers

Minichamps grabbing the exclusive on Red Bull - is this something that has recently?

I know AUTOart has put out a GT3 R with Red Bull livery.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I don't know how the licensing works exactly Darrick. Perhaps Minichamps have just the F1 licence, not the Red Bull one in general. I don't even know whether Minichamps have an exclusive licence, or whether Hot Wheels just choose not to model certain F1 team cars.

Either way, any licence regarding Red Bull F1 cars will be within the last couple of years, because the team has only been around that long :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I don't know much about the car but do know DC survived a pretty bad plane crash along with his girlfriend a few years back. I think the pilot perished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking at adding a Mark Webber - BMW ride as soon as I can find one at a suitable price.

Thanks for all the feedback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave pretty much cleared everything up about the team and driver side and yes the RB1 Showcar is the Jaguar 2004 car with a different livery.

Models of Redbull

1/18 Scale
2005, RB1 Showcar, David Coulthard
2005, RB1 Showcar, Christian Klien
2005, RB1 Race Car, David Coulthard
2005, RB1 Race Car, Christian Klien
2006, RB2 Showcar, David Coulthard
2006, RB2 Showcar, Christian Klien
2006, RB2 Race Car, David Coulthard
2006, RB2 Race Car, Christian Klien

1/43
2005, RB1 Showcar, David Coulthard
2005, RB1 Showcar, Christian Klien
2005, RB1 Race Car, David Coulthard
2005, RB1 Race Car, Christian Klien
2005, RB1 Race Car, Vitantonio Liuzzi
2005, RB1 Race Car, Scott Speed USGP FRIDAY TEST CAR
2006, RB2 Showcar, David Coulthard
2006, RB2 Showcar, Christian Klien
2006, RB2 Race Car, David Coulthard
2006, RB2 Race Car, Christian Klien

There are also some signed David Coulthard RB1's floating around the market

Hope this helps a little!

:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.