DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've had this Viper for over a year, trying to figure out what color to paint it. Its the Maisto Viper GTSR kit (the only one with the chrome wheels). I found the paint (Duplicolor Mirage paint system) at the local Meijers(like a Super Walmart) for $12.99 on sale. It comes with the base coat, mid coat & clear coat. It should be done by tommorrow sometime. Its the perfect weather for painting outside, I thought I'd do a couple of cars(also a 63 Vette police car & Murcielago police car). Sorry for the small pics, the main hosting site has been down for a week :cry: My camera really doesn't like the "sparkly" effect from the paint.

G

·
Hey Scott, wow, that looks excellent, it's like the Chromalusion paint from Dupont. Is it hard to apply to get the right effect? The finished Viper's going to be HOT!

G

·
I tried using the same mirage paint system a while ago, with terrible results. did you sand the coats to make them smooth or is yours rough?

G

·
That looks awesome. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm sure the wheels will make it that much better. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Way to go. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks for the 98 PC

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ahh, Viper is on the menu for today huh. ;-) Be sure not to over-cook mine as I like my meat medium-rare. ;-) (notice the BBQ grill)

Looks real good, can't wait to see the finished piece!

G

·
wow yours turned out very well! Looks like I might have to try it again in the future

How smooth is the paint? Did you do any sanding at all?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
She's gorgeous Scott! Up until now, I had only seen Mirage on 1:1 cars & it looks really cool as the angle of light changes. You custom paint job is just awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts