DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
This Cadillac CTS-V sounds awesome on the track!! It's got a really throaty growl




Viper
This one is driven by Tommy Archer. Those with AUTOart Viper GTS-Rs might recognize his name from the #94 (Rolex) and #51 ('98 Le Mans) cars.






 
G

·
Love the RS6. Had the chance to rip one around town for my birthday a few months ago and those thing ROCK. Can't imagine what the race version would be like.

Cool pics Felix.

SideNote-the friggin race was not shown on tv as of yet. :nutkick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ronan said:
Great pics Felix!!! :cheers
Glad to you like them Ronan. :cheers I don't follow this series much on TV but the cars do look pretty cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mwrmt said:
Love the RS6. Had the chance to rip one around town for my birthday a few months ago and those thing ROCK. Can't imagine what the race version would be like.

Cool pics Felix.

SideNote-the friggin race was not shown on tv as of yet. :nutkick
I thought of you when I saw that RS6. So I had to get that picture. :giggle

I wished SpeedTV would free up some of those infomercial time slots and broadcast more races even if they're at odd hours. At least the VCR can record those!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Thanks again, Felix! :cheers I think you might be single-handedly converting me into a ALMS/racing nut. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Felix!

Fantastic pix!!! Viper is really awesome!!!!! Do you have some more pix of Vipers?? Would you like to share?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speedfiend said:
Thanks again, Felix! :cheers I think you might be single-handedly converting me into a ALMS/racing nut. :lol
:lol If a race is reasonably close to you, I'd encourage you to see it in person. Actually, Test Day is the best if you want to get close to the cars. That's typically held on the Friday in advance of race day (Sunday).

If not, then you being the the U.S. can catch the ALMS races either on CBS or Speed channel (cable or satellite only). The TV networks alternate coverage. The next race is being covered by Speed.

The pics of the cars in this thread are from the SCCA World Challenge (more pics motorsport.com WC page) They are a different series than the ALMS. Some of those SCCA-WC Vettes are LOUD!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scale18 said:
Felix!

Fantastic pix!!! Viper is really awesome!!!!! Do you have some more pix of Vipers?? Would you like to share?
Hey Pavel - Thanks for the compliments but I don't have many more pics of those Vipers...many just 1 or 2. There are some really good pictures off motorsport.com's SCCA World Challenge GT page that includes a few of the Vipers.
 
G

·
StygianMax said:
mwrmt said:
Love the RS6. Had the chance to rip one around town for my birthday a few months ago and those thing ROCK. Can't imagine what the race version would be like.

Cool pics Felix.

SideNote-the friggin race was not shown on tv as of yet. :nutkick
I thought of you when I saw that RS6. So I had to get that picture. :giggle

I wished SpeedTV would free up some of those infomercial time slots and broadcast more races even if they're at odd hours. At least the VCR can record those!
Well the race was supposed to be shown on CBS, but they instead decided to show the Hydroplane races for SeaFair in Seattle, Wash.

Nuff to say I was a bit miffed.

Here's to you CBS :nutkick :fight :nutkick :fight :nutkick :nutkick

Agasin Felix, that RS6 is simply stunning. It's too bad Derek Bell isn't driving one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
I'm hoping those CTS-V's will get made into 1:18's. They're "passive/agressive" and beautiful. Come on AUTOart, pay attention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mwrmt said:
StygianMax said:
mwrmt said:
Love the RS6. Had the chance to rip one around town for my birthday a few months ago and those thing ROCK. Can't imagine what the race version would be like.

Cool pics Felix.

SideNote-the friggin race was not shown on tv as of yet. :nutkick
I thought of you when I saw that RS6. So I had to get that picture. :giggle

I wished SpeedTV would free up some of those infomercial time slots and broadcast more races even if they're at odd hours. At least the VCR can record those!
Well the race was supposed to be shown on CBS, but they instead decided to show the Hydroplane races for SeaFair in Seattle, Wash.

Nuff to say I was a bit miffed.

Here's to you CBS :nutkick :fight :nutkick :fight :nutkick :nutkick

Agasin Felix, that RS6 is simply stunning. It's too bad Derek Bell isn't driving one.
What a decision by CBS?!?! :ranting

In my area, my cable service went kaput so I missed 3/4 of the race. Now that really got me :ranting :ranting I still have to call Rogers Cable about that.

That RS6 was actually not too loud (like those Vettes!) It looked like it was handling the "Esses" quite well (just in advance of the straight located in front of the Pit Lane).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Getter 3 said:
The two Vipers are gorgeous! :drool

1:18s please! :happy

Thanks for the pics Felix! :cheers
SM Jr would totally agree with you on that. He loves that new generation of Vipers. That reminds me, I still haven't found one for him a t a good price yet.

I'm glad you enjoyed those pics Souky. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blitz said:
I'm hoping those CTS-V's will get made into 1:18's. They're "passive/agressive" and beautiful. Come on AUTOart, pay attention.
As little as I like the regular street version CTS, there's something I like about those CTS-Vs. I defintely say that I love the sound of them. It's a deep throaty growl that just makes me feel :happy :happy :happy And with three of them ripping aroudn the track on Sat., I got to enjoy them a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Felix - I checked out that SCCA page and the motorsport.com site and they ROCK! I feel like I'm at McDonald's 'cuz I'm lovin' it! :danbanna
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top