DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
This has been one of my most awaited model cars. I have passed many opportunities to own it before but when a local car mag was offering it as a free gift for a three year subscription, I pounced on the offer.
Free or not, this is another stunning effort by AUTOart. It is as good as the Evo 6 before it and the 2003 Subaru STIs after. Anyone who owns or has seen these rally cars by AUTOart will know what I mean.

The shape is spot on. The paint is nice and glossy with crisp tampo printing. The brakes are metal discs. The bonnet remains open without assistance. To keep open the bootlid on its own is a tricky affair but it does so if you get it right. The interiors are nicely done with all the buttons painted on.

The engine is wired and is a treat to look at. Once again, AUTOart has done a good job with the front and rear light assemblies and they look convincingly good. The undertray has the protection plates for the tranny and the engine and hence there is nothing more to look at other than the browned exhaust pipe. The wire mesh on the front bumper is actually wire mesh (although plastic) and not screen printed piece of plastic like on the Evo6.

You might notice that the car has no external wing mirrors and I wondered how could this be possible. The real car had the mirrors on the insides of the door. You probably can notice it the photos. Real tiny pieces of glass. I wonder how practical they must have been on the real car.

The 1:1 must have not had much success in the 2002 WRC but I am very happy to have this model in my tiny rally car collection and I would recommend to anyone who might have this on their list.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations Winston! Getting that under any circumstances would be great, but for free? Fantastic!

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. :cheers The magazine is not really that good but they give some really nice gifts. Three years ago they had the UT Porsche 993 GT1 as a gift and I took advantage of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.