DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
recently completed project cars
Took a 1986(?) Welly SVO Turbo Mustang and updated it with AutoArt Saleen Mustang drivetrain. Used the AUTOart Saleen 5.0 supercharged engine and tranny, exhaust, and wheels. Kept the Welly body, interior and suspension. Just another homemade ProTouring Mustang I'd build in real life if I could afford it. What do you guys think? :feedback

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Nice!
It is a great improvement :nicejob

It's kind of funny, back when the 1:1 SVO's were being sold I used to think of this exact conversion. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sweet mod :nicejob

Will you be entering this piece in the 2005 DX Custom Model of the Year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the compliments guys! Its really great when others who share your passion like your projects! :giggle Its VERY flattering to suggest this car is worthy of consideration for "DX Custom model of the year!" This was a two night hash, and I had not given it any thought because I simply moved parts around, and there was no major fabrication, or detailing (no painting at all). Maybe if I get the roll cage installed, add wiring, and detail painting, I'll enter it... :confused

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
It looks great! :cheers :cheers :cheers Like Jeff said, I also thought about this 1:1 mod back in the day. Many SVOs had a 5.0 put in them as it was cheaper to get a 5.0 motor out of a donor car than to have the turbo rebuilt if you fried the bearing on the turbo or spun a main bearing. There seemed to be an endless supply of wrecked Mustang GT's and LX's that were totaled 5-10 miles from dealerships! :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks! I really like some of your projects too! It wasnt hard at all, it just popped in place...Luck! I actually need to cut into the trans mount brace so it can fit flush, as it hangs down just a little. The cool part is the exhaust pipe bend over the rear axle is in the right place, and the front of the exhaust actually touch the headers!! I imagine that both cars are pretty close to actually being 1/18 scale, which is why it came together so easy; the most time consuming part of the whole project was trimming the inner fenders in the engine bay so the V8 and accessary brackets fit.

·
Registered
919 Posts
GOOD WORK. The car looks tough!

As a neophyte in modding having done just a few cars so far, I can really appreciate all that you have done to the car. Those small things consume time, energy and require serious thought. And for the bigger changes, multiply by a factor of five or ten.
For those who have never attempted a mod, changes that appear easy or simple seldom are and end up being quite challenging to say the least.

I can assume, safely I think, that the true modders are the ones who thoroughly appreciate such work because they, having done it themselves, fully understand the degree of work, effort, skill and thought required to achieve a successful modification.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yeah! That's nice. You have modders madness like me...only you Complete your projects! :giggle Keep 'em coming. You just gotta pick up some GMP wheels too. I'm suprised I haven't seen any diecasts modified with these on ol' "EvilBay".

By the way, where'd you get that display case? I want one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts