DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
They look better in real life.
359 Posts
Here are some photos of my new Mondo Motors Zonda F. For this re-release, Mondo really improved the exterior look of the car, there's no extra detail, but they've corrected some of their minor (but very ugly) mistakes. I sharpied the black in the wheels so that they have more depth and look more like the real car.

- Bigger wheels that fill the wells completely
- Increased offset on the front wheels so that they don't look sunk in
i.e. Much better stance
- Rear spoiler is not crooked anymore
- The windshield wiper sits much more flush with the front end
- The rear lights are all clear pieces

The doors still fit pretty bad, the interior didn't change, and the engine's still junk. There are some very faint cracks in the window glass b/c of my efforts to improve the position of the windshield wiper and the fit of the doors. However, the exterior of the model now looks much better than before, which is always good :D

With the Audi R8, fits in much better now:

Dig up an older topic about the Zonda F (like say mac47's Zonda Comparison) and you will really appreciate the differences.

Cheers!

G

·
I can see the corrected the misaligned rear spoiler. This model photographics well, damn sweet die cast for $30-$40!!

·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good addition, Peter
Thank God they fixed the wheels. Did they re-release the orange one too? If so, I'd like to restart my Zonda collection with the blue C12 S, orange F and white Cinque.
I'm not sure, only the grey one was available at the shop where I got it, *scaleeightteen. That would be nice, orange is definitely the best colour of the lot. :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good Posts Kraftig and Out of Gear! Hobbyists can give a good look and compare before they make a purchase! Except though if you're buying online and that they don't have as much eagle eyes as we collectors do. I'm personally impressed with those improvements!

Congrats on this one, btw!

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
looks pretty cool like this!! congratz !!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nice model! With improvements it started to look like a model not like a toy.
Especially like the rear view but they should align exhaust pipes

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Must say it looks good to me.....thanks for sharing Out of Gear!

Those wheels and the corrected stance make all the difference!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice... still curious if the other colors upgraded too or not? ...i have the orange one, but i'll buy one more for this upgrade. Zonda F is the best Zonda :)

I hope someday AUTOart would release it @[email protected]

·
Registered
645 Posts
I got the white Mondo Cinque recently and was pleasantly surprised - yes the door fitment is horrible, but it still looks very nice even sitting in the box. I'm sure the wheels/stance looks more like the grey one above than the orange one. I will have to take a closer look at mine and compare.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Those wheels were small on the first release!
Only noticed it now after seeing the new version
Fair play them mondo zondas photograph really well.
I'm torn on wether to get one :/

Is that a master grade gundam? I built the gundam wing ver ka a while back.
Used to love the series when I was a kid, seen the kit for sale and thought "what the hell ,why not"
God knows where it's gone now though.

·
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those wheels were small on the first release!
Only noticed it now after seeing the new version
Fair play them mondo zondas photograph really well.
I'm torn on wether to get one :/

Is that a master grade gundam? I built the gundam wing ver ka a while back.
Used to love the series when I was a kid, seen the kit for sale and thought "what the hell ,why not"
God knows where it's gone now though.
If you can find it for a decent price (~$40) I'd say yes, I think the F is the best looking street Zonda and this model would respond well to a few touchup.

Haha it's something a bit smaller, the Fix Figuration series, which are "high-end" pre-built Gundams. I do have one or two Master Grades, not at school though :p

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The cinique I like, although the F is lovely aswell.
I may get one soon.

Not sure why I bought that gundam. I just like building things, waste of money really as I never planned to display it lmao.
I do love Japanese mecha though. I heard that the designers of the Nissan GTR where inspired by the gundams.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just contacted Mondo Motors to find out if they are willing to sell the new wheels as an aftermarket kit. Probably not, but you never know. Maybe it's possible to do a group purchase and order a batch of wheels and tyres.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts