DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
695 Posts
Great details! I need to take a closer look at mine again as I don't recall all those details. Just thinking how well it'll go well with the Z28! :cool:

Thr one negative is I can see the trunk on your's does not close properly on the driver side. Mine has the same problem only on the passenger side. It seems the trunk alignment on these XYs has always been a problem since your'sis a much older release than mine. You'd have thought that by the time they released it after the umpteenth time they'd have corrected it. :cautious:

· Registered
477 Posts
Nice one! One of the best looking CC XY Falcon releases. Usually I don't like them due to the rear guard radius being a bit off, but this model disguises it well and is great on display, the red is very vibrant.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great details! I need to take a closer look at mine again as I don't recall all those details. Just thinking how well it'll go well with the Z28! :cool:

Thr one negative is I can see the trunk on your's does not close properly on the driver side. Mine has the same problem only on the passenger side. It seems the trunk alignment on these XYs has always been a problem since your'sis a much older release than mine. You'd have thought that by the time they released it after the umpteenth time they'd have corrected it. :cautious:
the Z28 has to get i to another case. I am running out of wall room! I am now trying to fit these by make/model/year.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one! One of the best looking CC XY Falcon releases. Usually I don't like them due to the rear guard radius being a bit off, but this model disguises it well and is great on display, the red is very vibrant.
That is what I found as well with fitment on some of them as well. It looks like, for me, the Carlectables have more gap issues on closing parts than the AutoArt, but they do have better detailing in some areas.

· Registered
7,670 Posts
Considering the period these cars represent, I think you're looking at early signs of rust. :giggle:
Seriously, you have a severe case of collectors fixation.
You might contact Carlectables (and Biante) and show them that there are those of us outside OZ/NZ who want to buy these models......

· Registered
477 Posts
That is what I found as well with fitment on some of them as well. It looks like, for me, the Carlectables have more gap issues on closing parts than the AutoArt, but they do have better detailing in some areas.
Yes that's a fair comment, the Autort/Biante Falcons seem a bit more precise but there is sometimes a "sterility" of some of this era of AutoArt that I can't quite put a finger on (and that goes for a lot of the Millenium models - they can leave me a bit cold) - although I've only got one XY which is this one, it also has a tiny bit of rash but not unusual for its age. Much less rust than the 1:1's, although a classic car dealer prefers to call it "patina".

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering the period these cars represent, I think you're looking at early signs of rust. :giggle:
Seriously, you have a severe case of collectors fixation.
You might contact Carlectables (and Biante) and show them that there are those of us outside OZ/NZ who want to buy these models......
I have sent a couple emails, but no response other than “we have plenty of retailers that carry our models”. So they completely ignored the statement “I know you have AU and NZ retailers; I am asking about other continents”.

I do have some ocd, yes. Taking temp and humidity readings every morning in different areas of the display room will do that to a person.
:)
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts