DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, today we have photos of anime figures, of the coldcast variety. Coldcast figures are basically porcelain, and very VERY SUPER DUPER fragile. However, I really love these figures because:
1) the skin tones are much more realistic (not shiny like PVC figures)
2) no mold lines like PVC figures

Anyway, without further ado, let's start!

Firstly, I must apologize for not putting this figure together. As there are many parts, I'm afraid I can't put her back into the box afterwards :cry So please don't hate me for not finished shots :scared She's made by a company called Epoch.

Let's take a look at the box then. Looks average sized...

Maybe not! Look at that 1:18 Pagani box next to it! This is my BIGGEST coldcast ever purchased. It's Morrigan from Darkstalkers. It of course, cost a pretty penny :giggle

some more pics:

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next up, holy grail of all my coldcasts. This is the most expensive coldcast figure I have. It's made by VOLKS, and is VERY VERY limited. Let's just say this figure costs more than 1.5 exotos :help She is a character from G-taste, a E-manga. Very nicely sculpted, captures the character perfectly. VOLKS does indeed stand above EPoch in terms of details/quality. But price is around 3-4 times :p

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helena from DOA is next. Also made by Epoch. I have all of the DOA figures, EXCEPT for Kasumi :cry Kasumi usually goes for 150USD on ebay... :help

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lei Fang is another DOA character, again, Epoch made.

This is Jam from Guilty Gear (a fighting game). I really like this figure as well, as the pose is really dynamic, and she's got food in her hands too! :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Gary, are you into resin figures too? There's a guy here in my home town that is making some very nice resin figures, basically anime and even some hentai.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Resin kits! Oh noes, I can't even begin to know how to do those, I can't even paint a model car body well enough :cry

Ya, with the kits, there are lots of H ones :p And I think Griffon Enterprises is starting to bring those H kits to coldcast complete figures... Mmmmmm :tongue :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
No not kits, figures. He makes the mold and then sculpts each figure by hand. He has some pretty amazing stuff. Give me a minute and i'll show you a pic.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, Lu, your friend is AMAZING! I've heard of Witchblade before, but never read the comics...

Man, that's realy well painted... wish I could do half as well as your friend :cry

Does he do kits for others as well or only for fun?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Oh my I have have just let go of the side rail & now sliding real fast down this new slope, Thanks Gary.

Oh please next time do not show me Holy Grails like your E-manga one, as I now want to also find one, I am sending you my CC bills my friend.

I have to try agian later as all the photos are not loading up, and I will be coming back again & again just to look :hot

Also as I play DOA on ps I will be joining you down that road aswell.

Now I have to watch out for Souky as he planted this Anime seed within me ages ago, I just never realised..............GEEKS are taking over the world...................well okay lets just start with DX :giggle

Thanks gary for your time to take these photos for me it really is very much appreciated.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Always glad to help (or tempt :giggle) :cheers

The VOLKS statues are probably hopeless to find now. Sometimes one pops up on ebay, and ppl go ALL over it like rats. I missed out on one of thse VOLKS statues on ebay, it only went for 150USD or so... stupid me! :help :nutkick <------me!

DOA is great, u gotta try out the newer ones... DOA volleyball for example :wink

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Gary, I don't know the guy, only his work. He has quite a few figurines, mostly from comics but a few from anime. I don't know if he sells them as kits; I've only seen his pieces being sold finished like this.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, not bad at all Lu! 70USD is a bargain, in my opinion. I've asked local ppl for building resin kit pricing, and they're super expensive :help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.