DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what year or years that the Morgan8 was made by the Morgan Company? And is Maistos version worth it? Cheers! John. :cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The Aero 8 is one of Maistos finest models. Its excellent value for the money. The paint is rich and deep and well applied. The interiors are decent, but a bit overchromed. The wood panels look like real wood. The wheels and tires are the also the + points of this model.
This model came out in 2002 and is still being made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:iagree This is actually one of their better models. With more notable features than the average Maisto.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! does the Morgan 8 represent a 1950s car?When was it made by the Morgan Auto Co.? Cheers! John. :cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The morgans are modern cars made to look like the cars from the 50s. It looks like a generic design from the cars of that era. Only the outer shell is old fashioned while the chassis, suspension, engine are all modern. There is a 5 year long waiting period from the time you place the order for the car till you get delivery in some or most of the cases.
The morgans are supposed to give the old world charm which most modern cars completely lack.
The morgan aero 8 is a aerodynamically designed model with a huge bmw engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you for the info.I collect cars of the 30s,40s,&50s so that is why I asked.Cheers! John.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
The 1:1 Aero8 was introduced in 2000 I think, and it is looks wise to the older Morgan 8 what the new Beetle is to the old. Retro I suppose! Under it's old fashioned styling it has a 4.4 litre BMW V8 with an up to date chassis and suspension set up. :cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have got the Green version, it is a very well made model, whilst the engine detail is not good (of course it could be like that in the 1:1), the bonnet opens via a clever centre hinge along the 'spine'. The enterior is also very 'nice'. To quote Ronan (sorry mate) I would give it 7.5 out of 10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is this the same car Will Smith drove in Bad Boys II, I couldn't really tell as it was dark when it was shown. :confused

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.