DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest review of the Morgan Aero 8 by Maisto:

PAINT

This model has the best paint I ever saw on a budget model. Maisto usually don't do great paintjobs. This is near fawless, there's just a few little dots in the paint. The layer seems to be of the right thickness too. Also the tampos are very well done.

7/8

EXTERIOR

The shape of the body is accurate, some details are sperate parts applied to the bodywork. Headlights and tail lights are perfect. The grilles however could be better, they are single meshed pieces of plastic. Funny are the real hinges for the engine hood. Panel gaps are of the right size and the parts fit well to the body.

7/8

INTERIOR

The interior has realistic looking wood in it. The panel is too shiny but all tampo's are on it and detailed. The seats simulate leather good but not perfect, you can see where it's cut off. Seatbelts are not painted and too shiny. Most of the plastic in this part of the car seems too shiny. They could have done better here.

5/8

WHEELS/BRAKES

The wheels are very good. It has all tampos, you can read whats on them. Even the dots between O.Z. are on it. The calipers are one part with the brakes and just painted red with a Morgan logo on them. The discs look a bit shiny.

4/6

ENGINE & UNDERCARRIAGE DETAIL

The engine is made out of one part of plastic. You can view the engine from both sides of the car. It is painted correctly and detailed enough for a budget model like this. The paint has not filled up every place on the engine, some black places remained. Under the car we can see a gearbox and chromed exhaust pipes, thats all.

5/8

COMPETITION

No one else makes it, so no competition.

6/6

DESIRABILITY

Not every store has them and the green one is seen the most. However the blue color fits the car much better. It should be in every exotics collection.

5/6

OVERALL

I bought it a while ago after the release. It was my most detailed model for a while ans is still high in the display cabinet. The prices are around $ 32,-. It's one of the better cars Maisto ever made.

39/50

Hmm Photohost.org is slow tonight. I'll attach the pictures first, maybe I can change it later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the review, much appreciated. :cheers

I believe this is the highest scor a Maisto has recieved using the DX Model Review Rating System :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really can't find any major faults on this model. Might be because I've only once seen the real thing...

fourth

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the great review and pics riconijhof, I'm having a problem getting past those cross-eyed headlights but the rest of the car isn't bad. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice review.

I also think that this is one of Maisto's best models, possibly only beaten by the Carrera GT Concept.

Personally, I love the car. Classic lines. If I had the $100K, I'd get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rat said:
Thanks for the great review and pics riconijhof, I'm having a problem getting past those cross-eyed headlights but the rest of the car isn't bad. :cheers
Rat,

You have such an eye for details :happy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.