DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since our good friend Ken and Morris fanhas returned, and Boedans recent addition of his M/C AM DB9 reminded me how much I like the budget line from M/C, I thought I would post this one since it deal with both subjects.
First off, a huge thanks to my good buddy, Sir Gary for the wonderful gift of this car :cheers

M/C has a nice model on their hands with a few misses. The shape of the rear window is the biggest issue but it is not really a big deal to me as its not like i see a 1:1 of this everyday to remind me. The car is lacking some of the finer details of the usual M/C offerings but it still has great quality to it.
Very happy with the result and cost/detail ratio on this one :joy

Attachments

G

·
great little car Jeff. :eek:k
when i was younger and fish and chips came served in newspaper we used to get the lady behind the counter to double wrap them and then put them in a small cradle that we had pop-rivited inside the engine bay....so much space and it kept our fish and chips warm till we got home after a night on the beer :giggle
nominated sober driver of course :cheers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Jeff,
the right word for your new model is "LOVELY"!!!
Your pics were definitive to my decision to have one.
:cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:10

:bestpost :giggle

I agree with your reservations Jeff, but what the heck, it is a great 'budget' model of a 'classis Englsh' car. All you need to do is to get the Tourer and the Woody

Great pictures by the way

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Thanks, Guys, it really is a gem :cheers

JRO I am not surpised at all that you would like this car!

Ken I already have the Traveller, not sure about the cabrio.

Dave Nothing wrong with adding a few "common" cars to your growing collection.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I keep telling myself I have no desire to get one of these, then every time somebody posts one, I think well, maybe....great pics, Jeff!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Very true, but I think the only 'classic' cars that really do it for me are the 'real' classics, the likes of the E-type and 300SL. Which aren't too common I guess! I don't wish to underestimate the difference cars like the Minor made to people and families, but they're just not special enough to take up my space and budget at the moment.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Darrick

The model depicts a 1959 version, with a 948cc OHV engine turning out a whopping 37BHP!!!

In its various forms it also powered the Mini; BMC 1100/1300; Austin A30, A35, A40 Farina, Allegro, Metro, Maestro, Montego; Morris Minor, Marina, Ital; MG Midget; Austin-Healey/Austin Sprite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.