DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
On conversion, that's about £165 and they come with the little engine. No brainer. I'd buy this over the AA.

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
I honestly don't need the extra junk and it's quite expensive to order it for me in Canada. Would probably be about almost twice the price of an AA Z-tune after shipping and duties. Kind of an unproven brand, I'm not sure if there would be paint difference between the panels, the hoods don't look so promising. Also what is that purple? lol

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
it's some kind of pink purple but midnight purple it is not
I agree that the purple is too light for midnight purple, which is what they call on their poster.
Hopefully the mass produced version will have a better purple.

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
Yeah they went all out with the detail but the paint is questionable. The so called millenium jade is more like a darker silica breath and in some of the pics the doors look to be a different shade from the rest of the body. I would hold off until collector pics come out but either way it's so expensive for me that I'll be skipping out on it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hmm does look better than the old Autoart Z-Tune despite a few shortcomings. I guess the price is bearable considering you get the extras with it, that price for the car alone wouldn't be worth it. The millenium jade looking wrong could just be the pics, that colour is hard to capture accurately. But with how off the MNP is to any version of it, the MJ could well be off too.

A few people have questioned if they have reused the old Autoart mould, I think definitely not. There's a lot of differences in external shapes and the shutlines have different mouldings too. Plus screw positions underneath are different.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
For me its price is more than bearable :)

1480 yuan = 193 euro
For that you get:
  • a diecast fully opening model with details better than the AA diecast version, and with detachable undercarriage.
  • a resin separate engine
  • a mobile crane
  • a briefcase

The upcoming AA composite Z tune will be like what? 230 euro?

Compared to the AA diecast:

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
The upcoming AA composite Z tune will be like what? 230 euro?
It's not 193 euro though. I think it's 259 euro based on one retailer (rare118modelcars or whatever they're called - and it's sold out!)

I think the price vastly depends on where you live. Here in Canada I'm expecting to pay about 168 euro for the AA Z-tune. For the Motorhelix, after shipping, exchange rate and duties, I (based on the 259 euro price) - again, in Canada - will pay about 320 euro, so pretty much twice that of the autoart.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
According to that article, the paint was entirely done by hand. That alone along with the junk extra engine really drove up the prices a lot.

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This one's a scalpers dream, I already saw a listing on ebay for one last night. 999 Australian dollars and they have six of them.😡

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That does suck! Hopefully some actual stores ordered them. If they are reselling them at a reasonable price I'd quite like one. I'm not paying some scalpers prices though!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Lifted from the internet:

We can’t confirm or deny this latest information from MotorHelix, though we do like their direction into full access 360 examples. Five new examples, all in 1:18 scale include the following marques, we have the 2020 Nissan GT-R, Honda S2000 Series, Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W221) Series, Mercedes-Benz 190E (W201) Series and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (C199). Not sure what ‘Series’ stands for. Is it colour or variants within? Also, it seems the tally of cars has all been in production in some shape or form, so we need to ask the question, are these truly new examples or marginal improvements of old? Only time will tell!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts