DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to take some time to congratulate myself for reaching another level in diecast collecting. For some time now I have been buying mainly budget models
(1:18 Maistos, Bburagos, MotorMaxs, Hotwheels, and so on)

Now I have reached a point where all Im mainly going to collect is Auto Art, Kyosho, and other brands that have more detail than budget models. Im running out of room and more detail is always welcome. So if the models are more expensive it will take longer to recover and buy more, all the while being an efficient diecast collector.

To start out with a bang and to add to my small upper end models(AUTOart collection of 3 and 2 Kyoshos) I just purchased these and will soon be in for pics for us all, as usual. :cheers

BTW this is a byproduct of participating habitually in this DX forum. :happytwo

Pic courtesy of diecastcountry, hobbytowers, and diecastmart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats on moving up in the world CollectorX! Quality is always good however, not always possible in 1:18 scale diecast unless you're willing to give up some great models. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quality over quantity is typically a good rule of thumb. However, I do like the fact that I can sometime get just as much satisfaction from a $20-$30 model as I do from a $100+ model. Some Lemans Audis and DTM Mercedes come to mind.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats on the new direction and for some great new cars. :cheers

I started in the higher end and now am also buying some low end stuf (because of this forum :WTF ) and find the thrill of getting a box in the mail is the same for me if its an Exoto or a Maisto :confused

I guess I am into quality and quantity :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good choice, i'm also into quality over quantity
especially for me Ferrari's, i rather buy 1 handbuilt then 10 discounted Art Models or wathever other brand

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great CX!!

I had the same thinkinh a few weeks ago, I'm not buying any more budged models. I have moved to AutoArt and Kyosho :cheers :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rat:
Congrats on moving up in the world CollectorX! Quality is always good however, not always possible in 1:18 scale diecast unless you're willing to give up some great models.
:iagree :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys, :cheers Its always good to move up. Im going to be dry for a while those Kyoshos destroyed my wallet. Also there is a UT Mac that I have my eye on and will probly cost me dearly. Im off to donate blood.... jk :eek:hmy

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
vegasracer said:
Quality over quantity... that's what I subscribe to! Welcome aboard!
My credo too. But thare are some very nice budget models out there that are not produced by higher end brands, so I don't think you should rule out a model just because it's from a budget brand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts