DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I just had to make a mean Lambo as it's been ages since my last bull custom.
I used a Hot Wheels Murcielago and rebuilded the cockpit and enginebay, new wheels and spoilers. Raised the "air-brakes" in locked position and added some detail to them.
Roll caged the car both cockpit and enginebay. Made a new engine bonnet for details to be more viewable.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
WOW!!! It doesn't look custom home-made at all!!!! Very very nice job! :cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
GREAT job, Thorst. That is indeed the "dog's danglies." :nicejob

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your input guys:) :happy

The model is not black ArV6 :giggle , it's deep blue as the stig suggested. It has some black parts on spoilers and exterior though.

I'm sorry to say there will be no livery race version as I don't like cars full of colors, livery and sponsores. A discrete "Pirelli" will do it for me.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only donor parts are the Audi A4 racing rims (not wheels) and the McLaren rollcage that has been added to the interior and engine bay.
All other parts are fabricated or rebuilded.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That is a mean looking machine! I was thinking about building one myself, but I can't seem to get any time to do any projects this year. Your work is always top notch, it would be great to see some "work-in-progress" shots next time.

Good stuff!

:cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mattdesign, I'm usually very sloppy in taking pictures of the building process. Often I use a long time getting started, but when I start I go the full mile and simply forget to take the shots due to my eager to finish the project. Also my camera is for the most in the car and I'm too lazy to go and get it for a couple of shots:eek:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.