DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
How cool would something like this look in real life :

I'm actually thinking about getting a second SV from Norev and a Murcie Roadster from Maisto or Bburago and try my hand at it ... before I attempt this on AutoArt models ...

This photoshop mock up does look nice I think, could be a very good looking scale model ... too bad it doesn't exist in real life ... yet

UPDATE :

The real thing in 1/18 completed ... more photos of the finished car on page 2 of this thread.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think the car deserves a unique engine cover and since it doesn't exist in real life, you should channel your inner automotive designer and create a bespoke one for the model! ;)

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
I'm not too sure, imo the fastest version should have a roof (like the real cars) a convertible just doesn't have the same 'rawness' (if you see what I mean)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm not too sure, imo the fastest version should have a roof (like the real cars) a convertible just doesn't have the same 'rawness' (if you see what I mean)
While that is true, automakers don't always follow this, and in the name of $$$ go an absurd route... Take a look at the Gallardo Spyder Performante, its a droptop Superleggera... so even Lambo does this. I think it looks weird, maybe the engine cover area needs revision like 604 mentioned.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Go for it!
Excellent project....good luck

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree this standard engine cover might be a bit simple for such a car, I would love to use the Reventon Roadster engine cover, that would look much better ... or the optional glass engine cover available on the final production run of the LP640 Roadster, but both would have to be built from scratch.

I'm working on it ... some more photoshop tweaking and measuring.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Do you have pics of the glass engine cover on the LP640 roadster? I don't believe I've seen it before.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do you have pics of the glass engine cover on the LP640 roadster? I don't believe I've seen it before.

(PS not my photo !)
It was an option on the last LP640 Roadster to be built ... the limited edition LP650-4 Roadster had it as a standard fit I think.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Over the weekend I've taken my Dremel and attacked the 1/18 Norev made SV I bought for this project ... a very early WIP (work in progress) photo :

I'm definitely going to change the interior into something more 'elaborate' and as the model is taken apart it would be a great idea to change the outside color ... any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Great work, interior wise, I think you should go two tone, orange and black/grey

Like this, though in orange.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have been working steadily on this model, and I can now show some progress :

Now I'm continuing on the interior ... still not 100% sure how I will finish it, but I'll get there ... in case you are wondering, that is a 1/18 'Black Stig' figure.
Got it on eBay, the seller is a slick guy, sells them very cheap but takes his cost from shipping, I knew that so I'm not complaining, even with the way too high shipping costs you get a very nice figure for less than €20.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
That is an interesting project you have there!! Where did you got those SV decals?? I am tempted in getting of those novev SV and turn it out into a R-SV, which is the lambo I really like the most, but I am still thinking which murcielago variant to buy... since here we are lambo fans, what about a aventador GT-R or SV....
that will be also and interesting project!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts