DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
A very nice, clear pic Alon.

I too have this model, and I agree with you that for the price it is pretty good.

I'd like an AUTOart 2005 Mustang, but in my opinion the choice of colours that are currently available are poor. I want it in black, blue or even a nice grey.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Very nice job on the pics Alon! (clarity and layout) :cheers
How many Mustangs do you have now?

·
Still plays with cars.
148 Posts
mustangEleanor said:
80's Mustang generation wasn't really worth it's name..
I disagree. I'm sort of biased since I own one but the 5.0L Mustang brought many younger enthusiasts into musclecars during the 80's when they just as easily could have bought Celicas or Preludes. Think back to that period in automotive history and you have to agree that the 5.0 Mustang shone brightly compared to its contemporaries. The Fox'stangs still have a huge following and are so easily modified for speed that I think they rightfully earned their name... unlike the Mustang II's from the 70's. :giggle

G

·
I was a proud owner of an 89 IROC Z, and everytime I saw a 89 Mustang GT, I thought of how much happier I would be with one instead of the IROC :giggle

Everytime I saw a Mustang LX, I gave it the blind eye :lol

Those Stangs from the 80's were the bang for the buck benchmark back then. Cheap, fast and plenty of mods to go around. It wasn't until 93, that GM put the Mustang in its place with the LT1 Z28.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I also disagree! The Mustang of the '80s more than defines what the original Mustang stood for. Affordable, dependable and it catered to a wide range of demographics- from the retired grampa in a 6-banger to the hot-rod crowd with the GT and Cobras.
Believe me, they are/were far from perfect (as I have owned several) but I can't think of any other car where you get as much grins-for-the-buck.

What other car can you think of that with just $2K in bolt-on parts (without NOS) can you take from the showroom to the track and run in the 11's and high 10's.
I know several guys that run in the 10's and they look like Grandma Betty could drive them to church on Sunday.

I know that you are not States-side, but a simple proof of this is going to any race track at anytown USA and you would see a Sea of 80's Mustangs.

To many, the 80' Mustang is to this generation what the '55-'56'-'57 Chevys were to the prior generation.

They were a nessesary process in the evolution of the name. Is the mid-70's Corvette with it smog-equiped small-block still not a Corvette?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.