DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my 1st 1:18 F1 cars, so I don't know much about the world of F1 collecting, I was looking forward to starting my slide into this F1 realm, so I had to seek some help from a good friend & fellow F1 collector "wayno". Thanks mate.

The cars, 1982 G.Berger McLaren Honda Minichamps
1993 A.Senna McLaren Ford Minichamps
1998 M.Hakkinen McLaren Mercedes Minichamps "In Mercedes-Benz Collection, silver box"

Okay these 3 Minichamp cars have been converted with the tobacco decals, although the cars leave minichamps with 80% decals anyway, so adding the last few is no big difference, as this is what I wanted to get, so with wayno's help, he put me onto one of his suppliers "Andy" that convert the F1's with the decals, he adds decals to the body of the car, the drivers helmet & race suit, & even the speed line on the wheels, I feel it really finish these cars off nicely.

I did wish the engine covers would come off, I have seen it on some, though I did know most didn't come off.

I am happy with my buys & I'm now looking to add a few more to my newest theme.

Enjoy the photos.
(Don't forget clicking them brings up large photos)

Senna Background.
(This one can be used as a background for the desktop, WARNING very big size, 1024x768 231k, it's a link only)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/roa...3Background.jpg

:cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Congratulations on the fantastic new additions Mike. The #8 is certainly a great model to have if you are a Hakkinen fan. Were there any #1 Hakkinen models from 1999? That would be a great addition too, but the price would be real scary I guess.
Wish Minichamps would make these with opening engine covers. Now that would be really something.

G

·
Massive congrats on the Macs arriving in Melbourne mate :giggle

You do know of course that Wayne won't let you stop here. No no no. There's far more F1 models to be had :lol

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Mmm I don't think there were any #1 hakkinen, but will have to hunt around as I would love to add one, the 89 prost Mclaren car also has a scary price :scared

But will be fun adding cars to this new McLaren F1 theme of mine :happy

Matt: Yes I know wayne wont let me go now, as I feel Im a young Jedi & he is my Master..............come to think of it, he does kind of look like YODA :giggle sorry Wayne.

:cheers

G

·
Conrats Mike....i'm trying to steer clear of FI :help
good to see you have one of my all time race hero's(Mr.Senna)
looks like your man did a great job on the 'extras'
:cheers mate

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I have the 99 Hakkinen world chmpionship winner in Mika and West livery. The West one is the team edition in the silver box, which I'm told is quite rare.
Oh, Matt and Mike...........you'll keep. I have a loooooong memory! :cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.