DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 BMW M3 GTR E36 ...by UT Models

:yahoo YES :yahoo

....I found me another GTR!!! And this model is special to me because it's my...

:wave
250th model!
:wave

It took me a while to set my mind at first on the 2001 Minichamps version and I finally went with the Pheonix Gold which I got a week ago http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/index...ndpost&p=410658

....but while browsing on Ebay in the UT section, my eye got caught by this beautiful BMW which I think, was the first time I was seeing this model. And since there was 2 minutes left on the auction, I jumped on it PRONTO!!! ...and I won! :joy

Of course it's not the same quality level as the Minichamps version although it's not the same year model, but I think it looks absolutely amazing! The wheels make the model look so gooood!!! The interior is great UT detail level. The engine is well reproduce. The doors has doglegs but they're very small.

The only negative point I found, is that the truck is seal!

Well here it is.....enjoy! :cheers

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats on the acquisition Jeff! Although it's not quite my cup of tea, I'm glad you're so excited about it and it looks great! Much better than UT's norm. Enjoy! :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys... I just put it aside of the 2001 Minichamps ....they make a great duo!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Great mode! Congrats on your new addition, and hitting the 250 mark! :cheers

I actually like this UT M3 GTR over the Minichamps M3 GTR simply because I prefer the E36 body style over the E46. I like the edgy design as it conveys more attitude in my book.

It looks like you got a model in very good condition as well. Mine looks good, but the previous owner was a smoker, so the model definitely had to be air-ed out for a while.

:cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations on hitting 250, Jeff! While I'm not a big fan of BMW styling since the early '80's (ither than the Z8) I'd definately go after one of those. It looks great in black!

G

·
Very nice! I'm not a big BMW fan, but this body style is definitely one of BMW's hottest. Congrats on bagging such a beautiful diecast & for the 250th vehicle in your collection. :nicejob :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
:hot :hot :hot I've always had a weakness for those GTRs! I've long since admired your photos Jeff. These ones are no exception and they sure show the best lines & features of the model. :coolpics :nicejob :nicejob Now if only I could find the Johnny Cecotto race version of this car!!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW.....thank you so much guys for all your awesome comments!!!! :cheers ...all always, they're warmfully welcome!!!!

Mattdesign : Yes it was in very good condition, never out of the box, original straps was still intact...so as the box!!! :yahoo

Mr. Mustang : Plans for the 251th? .....I just got #251 & 252 this morning (will take pictures today) and 3 other is on the way.... :giggle

....once again ....thanks everyone! :cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
one of my personal all time favorites. i have it sitting next to my black Minichamps e30 m3, and my black e46 AUTOart m3 gtr. i love these badass m3's (can you tell by my username). i wish i had some more of the Minichamps gtrs (only have #42), but in due time, as i think the price's are to high at the moment. i was waiting to get the carbon black one, but for~200 it's not worth it, so when the AUTOart came out i picked it up, looks great with the other two.

cheers
--soheil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.