DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you've requested, StygianMax. :cheers

Here's my "photography studio"... :giggle

Two portable lights ($3.99) from Home Depot, a camera stand (my brother's), a cardboard, and a black mirror coated background paper ($4) from an art store. The camera I'm using is a 3.2 Sony Cybershot.

*If you look closely, the lamp on the right is supported by 4 Exoto boxes... :happy *

And here is the finished product.

Lighting is better this time (my toy pics were a little too dim). I'm using 100 watt bulbs instead of 60. The next one I want to try are the "reveal" white bulbs.

I'm still learning as I go. One thing for certain - photography sure is fun! :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nice setup and photo,
if you are still learning, you will be an excellent photographer :cheers , well ur photos are alredy very good :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, RW. :cheers

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the subject of photography. I have no idea what to do other than point and click. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getter 3 you are good at this! I think if I can Im going to copy off of you and get some reflective paper for my pics as well. :nicejob

Is your DC a 3.2 MP?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FordGT said:
Very nice setup, I myself am going to try using 100w instead of 60 too
Thanks, FGT. :cheers

The 100 is much better.

I must say - a dark & reflective background is much harder to work with than a white one. Getting enough light while keeping it out of the shot is the hardest part (for me).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much, Domin8! :cheers

I just took another shot (of a Ferrari) and I think it turned out even better than the Renault. :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CollectorX said:
Getter 3 you are good at this! I think if I can Im going to copy off of you and get some reflective paper for my pics as well. :nicejob

Is your DC a 3.2 MP?
Sorry CX. I've already filed for my patent. Any attempts to copy my method is a direct violation of copyrights law and you will be fine & punish in the court of law.... :giggle

J/K! :happy

Go for it CX! I think you'll have a blast working with reflective paper. I've found myself taking all kinds of pics of all kinds of stuff cuz I wanted to see what it'll look like with a reflection... :giggle One thing though - it does tend to scratch up quite easily, so do be careful of yours when you pick it up.

And yes, the camera is a 3.2 MP. Now I'm wondering how nice a 5 MP cam would be... :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks great! I see everyone who makes good pics here on the board has a camera stand, I don't :lol And a background, naa don't have :lol :crying :crying :crying

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Please! Not the silent treatment! :lol

I've been trying to find some reflective BG's, but found nothing :crying

I do have some clearish-white plastic though, maybe that could work :confused

Here's another pic :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
riconijhof said:
That looks great! I see everyone who makes good pics here on the board has a camera stand, I don't :lol And a background, naa don't have :lol :crying :crying :crying
The stand really makes a difference. Makes for clear pictures. My hands shake so bad - if you hand me a glass of milk I'll turn it into milkshake in no time. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Getter 3 said:
Thanks, RW. :cheers

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the subject of photography. I have no idea what to do other than point and click. :giggle
well,
that's very good pointing and clicking :cheers u should see my photos, they all blurry

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
The setup and resulst are awesome! :cheers

What types of bulb are you using?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I just ran downstairs andtried something new.

I really have to get a camera stand :crying

1 - 20 of 69 Posts