DiecastXchange Forum banner

My Ferrari 360 GTC finished today!

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Sir Gary 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I finally got to finish a model I've been working with a long time due to color problems.
I decided to make this model years ago but has never come around to actually doing it. I was originally going for the typical red and was also considering carbon black. Then I saw this beauty:

I was thinking; ok, let's drop the standard red or black and go for something as fresh and spicy. As said above I had huge problems mixing that bright yellow proberly and due to the custom paintmix the paint was a true pain to apply evenly.

As my customs very rarely are made to recemblence the original a 100%, this one is a lot closer than most of them as I really likes most of it's original aspects.
I went a little crazy in the engine bay and added some black wheels etc.
They only bad thing ended up beeing the gap between the hood and the front spoiler which I have to fix later as it cracked up during final painting process.

So do you like my hot lemon?

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys! As always I appreciate all feedback as I value your opinions! :cheers

I will fix the front crack and display it along my red and black swarm of Ferrari's later this year. Soon I will finally have my house finished and then I will show a display room I'm going to be extremely proud of. :happy

#7 ·
Great work Thorst! :cheers I usually love the black wheels, but on this one, I think that the silver wheels would work better (like the 1:1 pic).

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The front spoiler is resinbased and it was a real pain to work with as the resin was extremely fragile and I was required to do a lot of work in the air ducts and also paintwise as the yellow had problems sticking to the resin. as I mentioned the front cracked once I was making the final touches and I'm thinking about how to close the gap without stressing the material too much. All the other parts are fabricated :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.