DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first custom, I removed the decals on the side and took off the wing. I still need to remove some of the decal color that is left in some of the gaps.

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I'll have to disagree with you on that one. Sometimes models that we like only come with stickers(like the one above) or sometimes one model is modified to look like another that is not being produce such as me turning a 300SLR targa florio into a 300SLR LeMans. To each his own.

·
Mercedes Diecast Fanatic
212 Posts
BTW Denali, The car looks much better now. I was never a big fan of that specific hood though I think it detracts from the Supra's beautiful lines. Will you be doing anything else to it?

G

·
Thats a different custom mate... Im a fan of the supras but like you Id have to buy one and strip the decals off it and change the wheels and lower it...

Like RW said I think it needs the wing to balance out that front end... otherwise well done and I look forward to seeing your next custom

·
Registered
923 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That's an incredibly narrow-minded view. That would be like saying if you don't like the engine bay or the interior detail of a model, don't buy it. I think the decision of whether or not to buy a model solely lies with the collector, not with your narrow-minded dogma.

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I took off the wing because I really don't like winged cars and the wing that came with this Supra in my opinion is too big and doesn't flow with the car, I think the stock Supra wing is better and as for doing anything else to it I might chage the rims sometime near the future.

BTW, Scott_S that is an awesome Supra.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good job Denali! :nicejob I agree it looks better with out the "stick-on" horsepower. :giggle. I have wondered why Ertl does not release "stock" versions of the TFaF and the 2F2F cars. I did a poll here and at the Pub, and there was a good response from members that would buy them.
I have bought several of these Ertls, and they will not go on my shelves until I have time to put them back to semi-stock look.

Stainless, Lighten-up! We can't all like the same things. I may not collect several types of models that some do here, but I sure like to see pictures of them... :happy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.