DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally bought a set of GMP's Billet Specialties wheels for my DC Buick GN, hoping they would make the car look less cartoonish. I knew the Buick was larger than 1:18, but it turned out to be larger than I expected. Since that swap was out, I started looking through my collection to find a car in need new shoes. The Kyosho MB E-class turned out to be the perfect candidate. So with some cutting, drilling and sanding, here's the result. I know the design is not what you would expect to find on a MB, but that's what I like the most about the swap. :feedback

G

·
Lloyd, who makes this particular model?

The wheels really do not look bad on it, without you mentioning it, I would have not guessed it was a set of billets.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow! Those wheels actually look very cool on the E-Class SW! You've really turned that family car into a mean-looking machine!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Man! You PS guys are good! Actually I do want to tint and lower the car. Without the springs I thought it sat too low, and I didn't feel like trying to cut them. I'm not certain how to do the tint. My last experiment with a plastic kit using auto tint didn't work too well.

As for the black wheels and grill, you've put something on my mind...

Darrick, the model is made by Kyosho.

G

·
Definately not what you would see on any Mercedes , but you did a good job and they look fine .

Personally I wouldnt go painting them Black . Bling is best :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
It looks fantastic with the new wheels :cheers

Great way to change the whole look of the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts