DiecastXchange Forum banner

My first diorama - The dreamed garage

6K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  fnbadaz06 
#1 ·
I had been wanting to make a diorama for t the 1/18 for a while, so I decided to make my first diorama. I never built another one

Basically the idea was to do something similar to what my ideal garage would be if I won the lottery
An exhibition area, a work zone with an elevator, tools, cabinets etc. , and a relaxation area (upper floor).
First, after AutoCad design, I have done the structure and painting, and I am starting with the lighting.

Then, I made the second floor:

At this point it starts looking more realistic with a Manu Campa's drawings replys.

The last new is the stairs which were made by hand with balsa Wood, polycarbonate and Steel wire.

And the diorama looks like this.

Now I'm working in some shelves.

thanks for reading to the end and any comments are welcome.

Regards from Spain.

See less See more
#12 ·
The main floor is the wood painted and varnished. I was looking for a mirror finish...but It was impossible. I tried to wetsanding and polish but the varnish did not react well.

The upper floor is a real adhesive floor that I used on my bathroom, and it looks so good in the diorama IMHO.

#16 ·
Some new features:

- Set of boxes
- Drill plugs and cord.
- extinguishers with hose and ends.
- Exterior facade and doors. This is unfinished, I don't know what to do with the doors whether to leave them fixed or not, since the facade is attached to the structure with magnets to be able to remove it and take photos.
- Nurburgring mural instead of window.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas.

#24 ·
Very inspiring work. I love the tool chests.The engine block coffee table is a great idea. Where did you find that piece? Also the spanners and other assorted tools pinned on the wall and the oil bottles. Have you 3D printed the green bottles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.