DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my slippage into the 1:43 realm just got a LOT worse- I picked uo my first Ebbro the other day. Needless to say I am VERY impressed with the quality of this little model. The amount of detail they managed to cram into this car is AMAZING.

I picked up an Ebbro Dome S101 Racing for Holland #9 from Le Mans 2001. It's a great piece with one of the most unique liveries I have ever seen. My only question is this- my model has a removable engine cover to show off the V-10 engine (sweet!). My only question is... how do I get the dang thing off?

I've tried everything yet it will not budge!! Can anybody here be of any help? Thanks. :pullhair

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Congrats on your first Ebbro. :cheers :cheers I believe they offer very good value for the money. I find they're better and more accurately made than Spark Models cars. I too have a Dome S101 Racing for Holland car. Mine however doesn't have an opening cowling so I couldn't tell you how it opens up. I would've thought it to be fairly easy to remove. Maybe you could ask the vendor how it pops open. I hope he didn't send you a NON-opening one by mistake!!!

You might also want to consider the Dome Mugen (Kondo Racing car as well) I love the Advan/Yokohama livery on it. Here's mine:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words- and I am really impressed with the Ebbro- also their list of racing liveries is quite extensive to and they do a good job with them as well.

I guess I will have to call and ask- and as for your Dome, I was seriously thinking about getting that one as well- its looks gorgeous. :hot

G

·
Congrats Stig, great purchase on your first Ebbro
and i can promise you, it won't be your last
i fell in the same problem with Ebbro :giggle

but unfortunually i can't help you out, i've seen pics of the engine cover taken off (only on the 2001 & 2002 cars), and it looks sweet
i also got 2 Dome's, but it are the Advan Mugen from 2004 & the Racing for Holland 2003

G

·
BTW to assist you in search for MORE Ebbro's, check out this link with the latest/upcoming releases from a show in Japan
www.minicarshop.jp/report...ebbro.html

1/43 resistance is futile :lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the engine cover off!! Finally :joy

Just took some very delicate, carefully exerted elbow grease to get the thing to pop off. The engine's detail is commendable at this small scale- and infinately better than the engine detail on my 1:18 AUTOart Bentley Speed 8. :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Mine is a 2003 LM car (the #15 - Jan Lammers (NL)/Andy Wallace (GB)/John Bosch (NL)) . Yes, it does actually open up. I had to use a jewelers' flathead screwdriver to pop it off. There are two tabs on the front. So the back end by the exhaust tips pop upwards. I looked again at my Kondo Racing car and I do not believe it opens up. I looks very sealed.

G

·
where did you stuffed you screwdriver in between?
on the bottom of the car under the wing i found some "clips", do you press that to pop it open?
i have noticed that the cover on the side can move yes, i also got that same 2003 car

my advan also has those clips on the bottom, but this one does look sealed yes

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
On my car, I saw a very small little gap immediately in front of the rear wheel. I was barely able to fit my screwdriver in there. I wiggled it a little bit until I saw the cowling move. Then I did the same thing on the other side of the car. Remember, the back end of the cowling comes of (not front end - it has tabs that slide under the body of the car).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts