DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of HPI Micro RS4 rims on my Yatming 350Z. If anyone is familar with the Yatming Z you'll know that the rims on it are horrible. Now the model looks better.

It was very simple to do, basically the Yatming rims are hubcaps. All I had to do was cut the HPI rim in half and replace the old rim with the new one. No glueing necessary and everything still moves. :cheers

G

·
That looks really sharp. :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

I bet it'll look even better if the ride height is lowered. :cheers

G

·
The new wheels look great Eric. Now is there any way to lower it like Souky said? I'm in a process of lowering my new Maisto 350Z. :cheers

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do want to lower it, but that is going to be a big job on this car. There is no working suspension to work with. If you see how this model is made you will see how easy a wheel sway is and how difficult lowering it would be. But, I'll see what I can do. :cheers

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LUW said:
Hey Eric, after you removed the stock rim (from wht I understood you had to destroy it) you just snapped the new one in place?
I didn't have to destroy the old rim, that just pops out. I had to cut the dish off of the new rim and make that rim look like a hubcap.

The Yatming 350Z wheel design is very cheap, but the wheels remove very easily. To remove the old rim, just pull the tire off the rim and the front part of the rims comes off with the tire. Now the inner part of the wheel assembly is exposed. The back part of the rim is simply attach by a single screw. I didn't even have to remove that part. I just simply popped in the new rim face, the one that I cut down, into the tire and slid the tire back onto the inside part of the rim.

The hardest part of this whole modification was cutting down the new rims, which took all of 15 minutes to do. :cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts