DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finallly got the model I have wanted forever!Being a huge Peter Brock fan,this is 'the' car as it was his first Bathurst 1000 victory and according to the man himself.the single most important race win in his career.

This is a stunning model by Biante and the car in question is a 1972 Holden LJ Torana XU1 GTR.
In the Great Race (Bathurst) of 1972 the 6 cylinder Torana was up against the might of Ford's thundering V8 Falcon GTHO phase3 spearheaded by Alan Moffat who had won in 1970 and 1971.

The race was a wet one which certainly helped the smaller and more nimble Torana.This car was still able to reach 220kmh down Conrod straight so it was hardly slow!

Featuring one of the best liveries seen on an aussie tourer,this was the 1st of a record 9 Bathurst wins for Brock who is still by far the most revered and successful driver in ATCC history.
I am so happy to finally own this model and it takes pride of place in my collection.
:cheers
Tony.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Tony,

Mate, congratulations. That is great news!!!!!
I knew you were after one, but didn't think it was a grail!

I am really happy for you my friend. Is your Brock collection completed now?

:nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Anders,
Not quite complete yet,need to get the 1969 Monaro,the 1973 Torana and the 2003 Nations Cup Monaro.The Torana will be a tough one to land at a decent price.
Great to hear from u mate.
Tony.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations Tony - nice to get one you wanted so badly!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for ur kind words guys.
I am thrilled to have this.Now for the next grail :giggle
Tony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks mate,the next one is actually due in September - the Alan Moffat 1971 Bathurst winning GTHO Falcon Phase3 by Classic Carlectables.Gonna be a real beauty. :yahoo
Tony.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Not my kind of car but still....it looks good!

Congratulation on your Holy Grail! :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.