DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years and years of wanting this model, I finally managed to get it. I was so close to get the minichamps version some years back, but :confused , when I saw the Exoto one, I had no more thinking to do. That will be my holy grail.

I went under a whole lot of problems to get this one, and I am utterly satisfied by it. It was a first for many things, first time I spent so much, first time I bought from the net, first time I used a Visa etc etc....

I was worried about it for so long... now, it finally arrived....

First, some pics of the other model that arrived today, a minichamps 906LE, winner of its category at Lemans in 1966. Beautiful car and excellent level of detail for its price.

Porsche 906LE

And now some pics of the Can-am killer from EXOTO.

Porsche 917/30! :woohoo :woohoo :yahoo :woohoo :woohoo

I am truely satisfied with these purchases as well as with the service from Modelissimo, a site that I will always recommend.

What ya think??

:eek:k

Sorry for the crappy pics, I am still admiring the 917/30 to set correctly my cam :giggle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Good Grief!!! I really like those, especially the 906. I, personally, like the short tail version better, but the one you have there is sweet! The 917 has detail galore doesn't it? I'd be happy with them too. Great catch, and I found nothing wrong with the photography at all. . .

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Model par excellence. Absolutely breathtaking detail on the engine. Fantastic addition Burn. Congratulations on finding your Holy Grail. I have a feeling you will be worshipping it everyday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow......I knew that Sunoco 917 was nice , but it looks amazing in those pics .

Is the engine cover on your 906 badly fitting or just not seated correctly ?
Personally I prefer the short tail 906 but I will be adding that one too .

Congrats on your new additions .

(Told you Modelissimo were great sellers )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

It is really a great piece, the detail on that 917/30 is unbelieveable. Just out of this world. Probably the most detailed 1:18 diecast ever made.

winstoncds, you are right, I have already looked at it about 30 zillion times! :lol

onoista.... Just two words.... Unearthly Great! :giggle

Cobalt, Thanks! The 906 LE is a nice piece, but I agree with you that the short one is better looking. However, when I compared the two, The LE has a better finish than the short one.

Angelrott V6, the 906LE pictured has a right fitting engine cover, just didn't notice when I took the picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on getting the model you have been after for such a long time.

I can understand what it feels like to wait for ever to get a model :waiting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats Burn.

The 917 engine detail is 'unbelievable' as you say. Its a great model.

I hope you caught the delivery man too. Did you have to miss much of University? :giggle

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
You picked a great one to lust after :nicejob

The Exoto is stunning and I am so jealous that you got that sweet 906 :pullhair

:giggle
Congrats on both of them :cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats Burn! :cheers
I can definitely relate with your excitement in finding a holy grail, you feel soooo good inside don't you? :giggle
The detail on those porsches are amazing!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Congratulations, BURN! It must feel good to have the one you've been hunting for. :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks!

I didn't loose much as I phoned the dispatching point and I told them to not send any items by post. Just send a note that some items have arrived and I would go myself.

Unfortuneately, I think it would have been better to not go to the university.... after 4 good results.... I got an F in macroeconomics... :cry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everybody! :happy

I finally managed to get all the difficult and old issues in my wishlist. Next item I will be getting will be in mid april.... and it smells bad :giggle

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats BURN! :cheers :cheers :cheers

That engine detail is absolutely fantastic! I need to buy me an Exoto! :nicejob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.