DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
****Attention --- 23 pictures included here****

I have mentionned quite a few times that I collect famous movie action figure. But among them, I bought 2 expensive maquette or statue if you will, I got Lara Croft (Angelina Jolie) & Catwoman (Halle Berry) ...

....those are 14 inches tall....

But now I just added a 3rd Femme Fatale, a BIG one too!!!

TRINITY on Ducatti motorcycle (Matrix Reloaded)

...by Gentle Giants #364/1500.

The accuracy of this maquette is just incredible!!! Gentle Giants only mak excellent quality products.

It's so beautiful and I'm so happy that I want to share it with all of you....

BTW Sean.... I think you'll love the bike! :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

...and for those who are wondering how big is this statue......I put it aside of a 1:18 AUTOart Murciélago......

Yes it's 1:18 !!!!!

.....prepare yourself.....

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Wow! That's really impressive, Jeff! Looks amazing!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thank you Mox!!! :cheers

Usally I don't buy those statue because they're expensive..... I stick to the 7-8 inches action figures such as McFarlane, Sota, Neca, Cult Classics and others.

By the way this statue of Trinity is my 50th piece!!! I always go for something special to mark a milestone.

My 1st one was Lara Croft (A. Jolie) ...nice start!!! Then my 25th was Catwoman (H. Berry) now...Trinity is my 50th!!! I hope they'll release another classic Femme Fatale for my 75th..... :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Impressive! I 'm more into action figures then statues and busts (do you collect them also?), but these are fantastic pieces. I'm certain that they must have cost quite a penny.

As a more affordable option of Trinity, Minichamps released a Matrix Duc 916, that is beautiful. For the life of me I can't remember the brand, but there's also a 1:12 Trinity action figure that goes perfectly with the bike. The problem is that both are HTF now, specially the Duc.

G

·
I don't collect bikes but being a big fan of the Matrix series,I would love one of these! :tongue
Cheers,
Tony.

G

·
:lol @ Gary. You sly dog, you. :giggle

CJ - Gundam is not the only geek here. You're looking at the original DX nerd, mister. :cheers

G

·
Oh my... where do I start...

All kinds of vintage Japanese toys & bots. Modern stuff like SOCs, Aoshima, Max Factory, and all kinds of anime characters from other toy makers.

Also, a bunch of hard to find Godzilla vinyls by M1-Go, Marmit, and Marusan.

Ya, I'm supernerd. :cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Love them all!! Thanks for posting the pics!!

Who makes the Trinity w/ Ducati? Is it Femme Fatale? That is something I think I MUST have, although once I find out how much it costs then I'll come back to the real world! LOL!

EDIT: Oh, boy, ok its made by the folks at Gentle Giant and its around $275!!! Too rich for my blood!!! Wow, what a piece though!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Jeff,

Awesome model man. I am one of the few that actually liked Reloaded, I saw it in the theater 3 times. The 20+ min chase scene is awesome!

As for figures, I only collect Spawns, but that might have to change now...

:cheers

G

·
I absolutely love the Trinity Statue and bike. :nicejob

I believe Souky has the same set up and its the first time I saw it.

What type of material is it made of?

G

·
Darrick, it's made of cold cast resin.

As much as I like resin, I prefer the cheaper alternative - PVC.

Resin costs more, and is prone to breakage. The plus side is obvious - the overall quality and superb level of detail. But that often comes with a hefty price tag. With today's tech, toy makers now can achieve quality figurines with fraction of the cost. When you consider the price of a typical PVC figurine ($55-$75) Vs a resin ($200 - $300), it's hard to ignore the difference.

Is this piece worth it?

If you're a diehard Matrix fan, it is, in my opinion. You won't be disappoint with the quality and heft of this piece.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.