DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost finished with my first NASCAR custom. I stripped and repainted a 1/24th 2003 Valvoline Ponitac and applied decals from three different sheets to make a retro 1989 Kodiak Ponitac.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/way...AR/HPIM1020.jpg

I clearcoated the car today and as soon as I finish the trunk, I'll post some completed pics.

My next pic is what happens when you try to combine 1/24th scale decals with a 1/25th scale car. I purchased a lot of 5 Revell diecasts a few months ago. One of them was a 1/24th (so said the box) #22 Maxwell House Ford T-Bird. Unfortunately the car and decals were issued in 1991. Said decals, which contains all the sponsor blocks got stuck to the box and even working carefully I destroyed abut 1/3rd of the decals seperating them. So I hunted down the Monogram decal sheet for the car and carefully replaced the destroyed decals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/way...AR/HPIM1021.jpg

Yeah, that worked. Now since I had done this once before, with a Revell Western Auto Lumina and Monogram decals, I thought that I could make it work. Not this time. My next option is to find the 1/25th AMT sheet for this car. That won't be hard.

Customizing cars is soooooooo much fun

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Hey waylandcool...it sounds like you had some fun with your custom paint/decal work. But your photolinks aren't working. If you copy & paste it straight from the photobucket album, it should work then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're working fine for me. I did C&P them from photobucket. I tested them after I posted last night and the looked fine then adn I tested them now and they still work.

You may want to check the security settings on your browser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the more fun then I really want catergory, I was doing final assembly on the my Kodiak custom today and while trying to position the hood hinges so the hood lines up right, I broke one the damn hinges. Specifically the rivet holding the two end together. It looks repairable and it's nothing compared to what happened to my first custom during final assembly but it still aggrevates me.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yeah looks like you had fun, damaged decals then wrong size ones :giggle I would of been :pullhair
Looking forward to the finished project.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Compared to what happened to my custom Sprint Dodge, what happened yesterday is minor. I should be able to procure a screw that will do the trick to fix the hinge. If I get motivated to dig it out, I'll post a gallery of my Dodge and show what a real disaster during final assembly looks like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts