DiecastXchange Forum banner

My new project. Alteration of Mercedes G class from ISkale 1/18.

410 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  vladmykolaiv
present my new project. In this thread, I will show the process of converting a Mercedes G
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Toy

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

class into a pickup truck. Model of production iSkale, scale 1/18. To date, the following has been done; 1. Sawed off part of the body and docked with the main part 2. Widened wheel arches 3. Removed regular front and rear bumpers 4.Started alteration of bridges and decks 5. Made new wheel rims To be continued.
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Very cool! Did you 3D print all these parts, such as axles and wheels?

Looking forward to see the end result, I bet its going to look ace! :cool:(y)
Very cool! Did you 3D print all these parts, such as axles and wheels?

Looking forward to see the end result, I bet its going to look ace! :cool:(y)
Thanks for the wish. Discs of three parts each. One part is cast in resin, two are made on a lathe. All other details are handmade.
Reactions: 1
I continue to edit. Finished the revision of the front and rear axles. The suspension of the bridges is working, this was not in stock. Completed the rear wall of the cabin and redid the cargo compartment.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 4
Nice work on the undercarriage. I like the mix of styrene and brass raw materials. Looking forward to seeing more of this.
Cheers,
Peter.
Nice work on the undercarriage. I like the mix of styrene and brass raw materials. Looking forward to seeing more of this.
Cheers,
Peter.
Thanks for the comment. I'm slowly moving on. I made a snorkel, a visor over the windshield, a rear window protective grille, a spare wheel bracket and two bumpers. I checked the interior with the drawings and it turned out that the rear seat on the model is located at a higher height than necessary relative to the cabin floor. I removed the extra 3 millimeters and it became normal.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 4
Very good scratch building work. Very sharp
Reactions: 1
Very good scratch building work. Very sharp
Thank you.
I continue building the model. I made a trunk, added a chandelier to the visor and made a fuel tank protection sheet. Also slightly modified the front bumper.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 3
1 - 9 of 9 Posts