DiecastXchange Forum banner

My new R8R

3K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  LUW 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The dumb*ss seller secured the engine cover with a strap of paper. :blowup :blowup :blowup :blowup
Of course that it couldn't take it, so the engine cover got loose and ripped BOTH wheels of, breaking the axle. I got it yesterday afternoon, and e-mailed the seller last night, when I got home with the pics. I think I'll only hear from him on Monday.

Crap. :ranting

#9 ·
That's a shame, Luciano. Hope you get things sorted out.

#13 ·
I was looking it over, and if I can't get a refund I think it's fixable. The problem with sending it back is that they're not easy to come by here anymore. I'm quite sure tis is the only one to show up for sale this last month. :cry

#16 ·
Luciano,
Do you think you can fix it anyhow? and do you have insurance for the model?
eitherwaw, the seller is a crook. a big one.
maybe ir was on purpose just because he got angry about the low price you paid?
Anyway, i hope you'll get your money back & a decent R8R. It's really is a shame.
make sure to bring us all up to date about the developments.
:pullhair

#17 ·
Oron, I wouldn't go as far as calling him a crook. I think he's just not very knowledgeable about how to ship diecast cars. If you think about it, of every 10 cars you recieve from private sellers, how many are decently packaged? At least for me, of the ones that I get from inside the country I would say 50% only. Since it's a short trip it's enough (I would have done a better job though), but sometimes it isn't.

G
#23 ·
I really think there is something wrong with this car...

I am really sorry to see that awful accident ! And more with such a beautiful model !!

BTW, at first sight I thought it was a model which has been cut to see the inside...

I hope you will get anew one soon Luciano !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.