DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen, this is my new Ertl Authentics 1/18 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 with some of the best detail I have ever seen in my years of diecast modeling. I even think it's better than all of my Kyosho or AutoArt models. This I suggest too all modelers out there who have a thing for American Muscle and unsurpassed detail. Some details include retractable and moving Radio Antenna, fully functional rear wheel driveshaft that's connected to the gearbox, near independent suspension, imitation rugging, imitation seat padding with somewhat leather feel to it, moving floor-mounted gearshifter, and spring-loaded engine hood hinges. This thing is incredible and I just want to say Ertl has really outdone themselves with this model.

·
Oak244
106 Posts
I am a big fan of the Classics. I have all Lane Exact Detail and GMP in my collection. I have been wondering how good this Ertl line is. By the pics it looks comparable to my Lane cars. Thanks fo the Pics, I will look into these cars. :coolpics

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
First, I have no interest whatsoever in trying to sell this model. In fact, before I got this model I had a low opinion of Ertl and I would still be skeptical of their quality. However, I will now pay close attention to any releases in their Authentics line.

With that qualification being said, I agree with everything Chinny says!

My parents bought a '67 Impala SS with a 327 engine and it was this car that I drove during my high school years :happy ( yes, unfortunately I am that old! ) so I am intimently familiar with the 1:1.

I bought this model last month from Kevin's Hobbies (scale 18) for about $45+ s&h. Everything Chinny says about the details is true. In fact, I had not noticed the retractable antenae, movable gearshift or the cushioned seats. On the other hand, Chinny failed to mention that the front suspention also works. :happy

The only flaws from accuracy I find are the lack of Impala SS badges from both the front and rear fenders and the trunk lid.

This is a big ( 11 3/4" long ) and heavy model. This model does not fit with my collection and I only bought it for nostalgia reasons. BUT, if you're interested in muscle cars. '60's cars, classic Chevys or simply great details for an affordable price, you should seriously consider this model. It is extremely impressive for the price , and for the price, in my opinion, certainly beats anything offered by anyone else. :yahoo :mine

I also recently noticed that they recently released a blue, non-427 version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I said the car had nearly independent suspension meaning both front and rear hehee. It's ok. Also, what do you mean Impala SS badges? I see Chevrolet and SS with red 427 under it and the same on the front grille.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's ok. Also, what do you mean Impala SS badges? I see Chevrolet and SS with red 427 under it and the same on the front grille.
[post="345557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

The 1:1 had Impala SS badges on the front fenders between the wheelwell and the door jamb. On the rear, the badge was located above and behind the wheelwell, about miway to the back bumper. There was a similar badge on the trunk lid where the model only says "Chevrolet".

The blue model has the front fender badge but not the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.