DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued this model from a terrible display, it now has a loving home amongst other shiny models.

When I got this piece it was in terrible condition, cloaked in dust/dirt, it was in desparate need of a washing and polishing.

Once again, I thank Al for taking me down this road of must have muscle cars. :happy

Before

After

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's beautiful, Darrick - I love blue on white cars

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Love that 69 Trans Am!!! Except for the chrome wheels, I feel that Yat Ming did a pretty good job on this one...Mines in line with a long list of other cars that need extra detailing :fence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did I say Firebird :lol

What are you planning on do for the chrome wheels on yours Rob?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The wheels need to be painted, just like real life Pontiac Rally II wheels. Dark gray for most of the wheel with the raised spoke part painted silver. One of the best looking stamped steel wheels ever made. . .

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great looking 'Bird you have there, Darrick! Way to come to the rescue of this 'diamond in the rough'!!! You certianly have it shining now!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good resque Darrick! :cheers I blacked the wheels mine and it makes a world of difference, but I still need to paint the spokes in a steel color. The fine point paint pens from HL make it 5 minute job.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Or you can find a set of GMP Rally II's for a swap. As happy as I am with the YM, this T/A new to be done by a high detail company.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I agree those, look a ton better.

Now I have something to do when the cold weather sets in :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darrick, now that's a sweet looking TA, I my self like the chrome wheels, but I guess it's just me. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the chrome too, but its a bit much for an old school muscle car like that.

I think a subdued color wheel will be a lot better.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
If I keep looking at this thread, I may end up buying one of these.
Its my favorite T/A :happy

Nice save! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eddie, just blame Eddie :lol

I'm telling you, he is a bad influence when it comes to these muscle cars, him and Rattlergunz.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good luck in finding these. I have not seen them anywhere in a while. I guess there is always ePay!

I remember a member at the pub made a convertible out of one using Lane/Ertl parts and it was a piece of art. Also BC made several conversions and they brought a pretty penny.

I have always wondered why lane has never adapted their fine '69 Firebird mold to make Trans Ams? :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Nah, this pic is of a well done clone that was up for sale in Richardson TX last winter. I did see one of the 8 a few years ago at the local Autorama.
At one time I had the orange and the silver TRU versions, but I got rid of both as I started to concentrate on cars that were made.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.