DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued this model from a terrible display, it now has a loving home amongst other shiny models.

When I got this piece it was in terrible condition, cloaked in dust/dirt, it was in desparate need of a washing and polishing.

Once again, I thank Al for taking me down this road of must have muscle cars. :happy

Before

After

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
That's beautiful, Darrick - I love blue on white cars

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Love that 69 Trans Am!!! Except for the chrome wheels, I feel that Yat Ming did a pretty good job on this one...Mines in line with a long list of other cars that need extra detailing :fence

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Great looking 'Bird you have there, Darrick! Way to come to the rescue of this 'diamond in the rough'!!! You certianly have it shining now!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good resque Darrick! :cheers I blacked the wheels mine and it makes a world of difference, but I still need to paint the spokes in a steel color. The fine point paint pens from HL make it 5 minute job.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Or you can find a set of GMP Rally II's for a swap. As happy as I am with the YM, this T/A new to be done by a high detail company.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I agree those, look a ton better.

Now I have something to do when the cold weather sets in :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darrick, now that's a sweet looking TA, I my self like the chrome wheels, but I guess it's just me. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the chrome too, but its a bit much for an old school muscle car like that.

I think a subdued color wheel will be a lot better.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
If I keep looking at this thread, I may end up buying one of these.
Its my favorite T/A :happy

Nice save! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eddie, just blame Eddie :lol

I'm telling you, he is a bad influence when it comes to these muscle cars, him and Rattlergunz.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good luck in finding these. I have not seen them anywhere in a while. I guess there is always ePay!

I remember a member at the pub made a convertible out of one using Lane/Ertl parts and it was a piece of art. Also BC made several conversions and they brought a pretty penny.

I have always wondered why lane has never adapted their fine '69 Firebird mold to make Trans Ams? :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Looks good, DX! I love the colors. Too bad Lane or GMP doesn't make it, also.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Nah, this pic is of a well done clone that was up for sale in Richardson TX last winter. I did see one of the 8 a few years ago at the local Autorama.
At one time I had the orange and the silver TRU versions, but I got rid of both as I started to concentrate on cars that were made.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts