DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
1/24th Dub city Truck wheels shold look better than the 1/24th car wheels. If you by the kits you get two sets of wheels, so you can have one for the truck on one set for your car.
Try this link to collectablediecast.com for wheels. They have 1/18th "dub" style wheels. They are smaller than DUB CITY wheels, but about 20".

Peter

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Wheel swaps........... some are easy some are hard. Maisto/Bburagos are usually easy to change, other brands vary from easy to dam near impossible (at least if trying not to break anything!). It also depends on how you want the final product to appear. Do you want the wheels to roll? Do you want to lower/lift the suspension? If youdon't want the wheels to roll, then just glus them on! Personally I prefer to have mine roll. I have had to drill out the holes inthe wheels to make them wider (to fit on larger spindles), Or I have fitted in tubing to make the wheel holes smaller (to fit onton smaller spindles). As for the UT axles, you should be able to find a longer tube suitible for the purpose from a model shop or even from toys or something. You will be suprised where you can find some things!
At the end of the day you just have to look at what you have got (wheels, axles spindles etc) and try different things until you find a solution that works!

:cheers

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.