DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys! I'm a new member of this forum and I decided to ask you for help because I can't decide which model to buy.
What do you think I should buy: 1/18 HotWheels Elite Ferrari 430 Scuderia or 1/18 HotWheels Elite Ferrari 599 GTO? Which one is better made?
Also, picture comparisons are welcome. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thank you in advance :D
and Merry Christmas

G

·
IMO they should both be in one's collection. They are equally well done and serve the 1:1 justice. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the 430

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Personally, the 430 isnt one of the best PF designs (looks bulky and awkward especially compared to a 458). The 599 GTO is a better design looking both more muscular and refined. I also think Hot Wheels did a better job on the GTO model especially on the brakes and rims. They look much more like the real carbon and alloys whereas the 430 rims look very plasticky.

Go GTO.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being based to [KRAFTIG]'s pictures the 430 Scuderia seems to have better color and to be really sporty. Anyway I'm really confused and I still haven't made a stable decision. The GTO looks good on some pictures but the 430 looks always good. As a newer model the GTO is considered to be better made, especially on the interior. People like [KRAFTIG] who own both of them what do they think? Is the GTO better detailed? To be honest a visible difference that I spotted is the interior which is better on the GTO. But generally the 430 Scuderia look really good, too and its interior is well made. I'm on the early start of my collection as I only own a red 1/18 Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 458 Italia. I got addicted to cars after seing the 458! :D Then I decided to have a good model of it and from then.... Anyway I'd like to hear more opinions about my dilemma. Thanks!

G

·
Detail to detail I would call it a draw. If your opinions are based on looks and looks alone, the edge goes to the 430. At the end of the day I would buy what I like best, put less weight on what other people think.

BTW do you have a source for the 430? It isn't an easy model to find today.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah! Luckily the 430 Scuderia is available on my local store :D The elite of course (dunno if the super elite is available) painted with the stock red. I think that I'll buy the Scuderia but the 599 GTO is also good, rare and the fastest Ferrari road car ever built so it's gonna be a difficult decision. The price gap is 13$ (with the 599 GTO being the most expensive)

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Welcome to DX T-Tech458!

As far as I am aware, they are very similar in quality.....but the 599 is one of the latest HWE offerings and is full of photo-etched parts...

tho' which to go has to be your personal preference!!!

Personally I prefer the Scud...

G

·
I'm thinking since the Scuderia is hard to find if I recall correctly, snag that now. The 599 GTO is getting to that point too but you still have some time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thank you all guys! You are correct! I forgot this parameter ;) The GTO is a new model (but it sells really fast). Finally I decided to go for the Scuderia ;) Thanks Also, congratulations to all members of this site as it is the best :D:D

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thank you all guys! You are correct! I forgot this parameter ;) The GTO is a new model (but it sells really fast). Finally I decided to go for the Scuderia ;) Thanks
Nice one T-T
Don't forget to post some pics when you get it!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep! My next purchases will contain for sure the upcoming Ferrari 458 Spider and Challenge. As for the GTO we'll see :p Thanks Again!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Since you seem like a Ferrari person just get one of everything and you'll be happy...

I love the colour of this Scuderia! I absolutely hate the 60th Anniversary anodized red I have.

IMO they should both be in one's collection. They are equally well done and serve the 1:1 justice. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the 430

·
Registered
406 Posts
[KRAFTEG], your Scuderia is certainly this one: Hot Wheels-L2973 ?? Because my dealer has only this model available and I want a Scuderia with a color like yours. I hope your Scuderia isn't that: Hot Wheels-L2976 because this is sold out as my dealer mentions.​

EDIT: I searched on the net a little bit and I found out that my dealer has the normal red available and not the 60th Anniversary :D:D
m_power I don't like the 60th Anniversary color,too but it looks like the super elite ;) Anyway I found the colors here: http://www.ferrari-modelisme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2393

G

·
[KRAFTEG], your Scuderia is certainly this one: Hot Wheels-L2973 ?? Because my dealer has only this model available and I want a Scuderia with a color like yours. I hope your Scuderia isn't that: Hot Wheels-L2976 because this is sold out as my dealer mentions.​

EDIT: I searched on the net a little bit and I found out that my dealer has the normal red available and not the 60th Anniversary :D:D
m_power I don't like the 60th Anniversary color,too but it looks like the super elite ;) Anyway I found the colors here: http://www.ferrari-m...opic.php?t=2393
Mine is the special edition #L7121

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh yep it's the super elite version. I'd like to see a picture comparison of the elite vs super elite 430 Scuderia but after a little search I found out that the super elite just has some more detailed parts and overall it looks almost the same so I don't know if it worths the asking price. Anyway I can't find a super elite now and it wasn't my purpose to buy the super elite. You [KRAFTIG] what do you think? If you also have the elite 430 Scuderia we would be glad to see a picture comparison because nobody else has made one yet ;)
Thanks Again

·
Registered
406 Posts
So what's the product code of your model? You just said that your model is the: <<#L7121 >> which is the Super Elite version. You may made a mistake because the model number you gave me is the super elite version ;)

Check the model numbers: http://www.hotwheels...30-scuderia.php (super elite=special edition)

http://www.hotwheels...30-scuderia.php (standart elite with color option of the 60th Anniversary which doesn't mean that is super elite, it's just a color)

·
Administrator
33,651 Posts
I like the F430 Scud in Blue, avio metallic or something, it's a nice change from red, which looks nice too, but I prefer blue.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts