DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can fix the Skyline hood? I have tried using force to close it, but it would stick back up. I tried shifting the hood around and look to see if the hinges are broken or anything is blocking the hinges to close properly, but with limited space to look at it, I do not see anything blocking it or broken.

Here is a picture of the hood.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has it only recently started to do this, or has it been like this since you bought it?

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't look very promising, looks like something is in the way pretty badly.

I took the liberty of editing your pic for easier viewing.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
If I could, I would, but I bought it off the Ebay. The guy I bought it off said the hood was completely closed before he shipping the the diecast. I'm guessing something happened while shipping, but that guy said there was suppose to be 3 rubber bands on the hood and 1 on the trunk so it doesn't swing open and get damaged during shipping. The funny thing is when I took the Skyline out, there was only 1 rubber band on the hood and 1 on the hood and the box looks like it had been opened before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see. Poor packing is one of the major blights of buying stuff off ebay. Have you emailed the seller to ask if he/she is willing to do anything, due to the fact that their packing wasn't good enough?
Also in addition to this, if the model was sold to you as NIB (new in box) and it turns out to be a used model, i'm sure that you must have grounds to ask for your money back.

Hopefully members who have a better understanding of ebay than me will be able to clarify this and help you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The auction it did say it was in mint condition. Maybe I was not detail enough for my last post. When I say the box was opened I do not mean the original box that came with the Skyline with the Autoart logos on. I mean those light brown cardboard box that he put inside with the diecast and the original box. It was packed ok I guess, it had those air bubble (I think thats what they are called) around the outside of the original box of the Skyline.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too put it bluntly then BMW_77, you are in trouble as far as getting a refund is concerned. Now I know why you wanted to know how to fix it. :giggle

Back to Eddies point (Cobalt), are you sure there is no plastic in the engine compartment obstructing the hood? Are you able to puch the hood into a closed position at all or is it impossible?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a good chance that something is caught on the hinge inside the model or the hinge is out of whack. I would try to wiggle it a bit and see if it helps. Some of these 1/18 models are pretty challenging to take apart these days...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts