DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone offer advice on how to remove the wire wheels from the following models so I can put on aftermarket wire wheels?:

1) Mattel/Hot Wheels Ferrari Lusso,
2) Mattel/Hot Wheels Ferrari 250 LM
3) Bburago Ferrari 250 LM
4) Ricko Lamborghini 350
5) Autoart Jaguar 120C
6) Jouef (and Eagle/UH) Ferrari 250 GT SWB

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Craigj3534

·
Registered
462 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
1 & 2. The Hot Wheels cars suck. Its almost like they are glued on to the axles. They are very fragile to get off.

3. Buragos aren't any easier. The spinners are independent from the wheels. That is the part you need to remove to get them off the axles. The fronts are easier to get off then the rears.

I'm not sure how the backs of the aftermarket wheels look like, but I would use a solid rear axle in the rear & screw the wheels on the front axles(by cutting the "nubs" off the front spindles so the backing is flat, then drill a small hole through it ).

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Carefull!!!! IN the 250 LM I think it has the knock off hubs, which you can take off first then remove the wheel. If the model is an old one, the hubs can be brittle and the "knock offs" can break.

Other than that, most Bburagos you just hold on and pull!

thanks

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.