DiecastXchange Forum banner

Need some help with photos...

3K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  Airborn511 
G
#1 ·
Jeffs post urged me to start practicing on better pictures for my models.

Looking at Jeff's lighting, our lighting is exact all the way down to the lamps.

However, I want to use a shiny mirror background, but for whatever reason the lighting shines through on it.

Is there anyway to remove the lighting from the background :feedback

I want to concentrate on the lighting before I move on to focusing and ps'ng the final picture.

Here are a few sample shots I took, let me know how toimprove the lighting and remove the shine of the background.

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Okay Darrick, please tell us who you paid to take those photos. j/k! The interior shot is awesome! The features are well lit up but not overexposed. There also aren't dark shadows. What a great shot! The exterior photo is also very good. I say that because (1) silver is a tough colour to photograph (2) you don't have any nasty glare spots off the front left fender.

When you go all the way from 2Mpix to 4+ Mpix, the difference will be obvious. Anymore pixels than that may you yield you significantly better photos because we're all compressing them down to <60kb. But I bet the camera imager is much better technology than that of your 2Mpix camera's. Happy clicking!

#34 ·
Friends,
For sure the new cam is a better cam than the old one.
What I want to say is that the MP are not so important as you are saying, specialy if we talk about pics to be viewed at computers, via internet.
More important than the MP are the camera lenses - with a good range of F-stops and shutter speed.
You will only need a higher megapixel camera if you want to print the pics with quality. Thats the only reason to have a cam with higher resolution.
I believe that a camera with manual mode will allow much better pics than with the auto mode.
I use a Sony F717, with Carl Zeiss lenses, that has 5 MP. It is a very good camera and all of my pics are made with the manual mode. I can produce the amount of light that I like without making it after, with photoshop. And the more important of all, if you have the manual mode option, you can have the best depth of field at the image if you close the apperture - higher f-stop and compensate it with the lower speed as the situation needs, and for that you will need a tripoid or something to hold the camera.
I prefer a softer light than most of you, but this is a question of personal taste.
Anyway, with a good light you can use the higher F-stop possible,and that, as I said, allows a better DOF.
:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.